Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabulator character not working as expected in transaction

aravinth_anandhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used "tab" keyword to give some space between two strings for proper alignment. When I click on evaluate, the result will be as expected but in output, tab is replaced with single space. Because of this the alignment is not proper. Please refer the below screenshot for the issue.

Evaluation Result:

Output:

And my expression is like the following "Plant"&tab&": "&Repeater_0.Output{/Row/Plant} .

Please let me know, is there any way to give spacing between two strings.

Thanks,

Aravinth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aravinth,

Try using ADS Printing action block and use option save as PDF...

You can define table structure in XDP file with your headings (Plant, Station, Model ID...) in one column and map their values in second column so your output will be in proper format.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinth,

Try following code

I tried it and I was giving tab separated values when I saved result of execution in text file in MII server.

Code:

"1\t: " & Local.value

&"\n2\t: " &Local.value

Output:

aravinth_anandhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

As you mentioned, tab is working with txt. But I am using PDF Text in my transaction, there the tab is replaced with single space.

-Aravinth

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinth,

As per my knowledge, tab is not interpreted/supported by pdf text.

In case specific to yours, you will have to build a separate string by checking the no. of characters in a line and then add " " for each of characters remaining till ":" character.

You will then have to append pre and post part of ":" together separated by above created string. Take example of "Plant" which is 5 characters and let's say you have kept ":" at 20th position. Then you loop (20-5) i.e. 15 times(this would be dynamically configured) and append " " to a string variable.

Post which you get a string for your first line that's separated by above string i.e. 15 " "s.

Please note, there would be multiple repeats for each line, so may hit performance, again depends on case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinth,

Instead of tab you will have to use a defined set of blank spaces or tabs for this, and you can achieve it in the output.

"Plant"&"               "&"xyz" gives you the required result.

Regards,

Saptaparna

aravinth_anandhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saptaparna,

I have tried giving blank spaces, but alignment of all the rows are not proper. I want same result of Evaluation result in the output. You can refer the screenshot in my above post.

-Aravinth