cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Scripting function issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I was referring to one of the scripts and was not able to figure out few variables in that.

Can you please help or guide

if(stopJob == 0)

{

uErrMsg(debugMode, script + "ldap connection  [" + repName + "] - [" + repDisplayName + "] on server [" + repHost + "] established successfully");

}

else

{

uErrMsg(2, script + "Connection to ldap [" + repName + "] - [" + repDisplayName + "] on server [" + repHost + "] has NOT been established");

uStop("Connection failed");

My consfusion are as follows

1. stopJob==0, what does this means, and does the name stopJob refers to internal sap idm functionality or its just a variable?

2. uErrMsg(2, script) : what's the meaning of this line, i have gone through function documentation but was not able to understand it.

Help Appreciated.................

Thanks

Rosy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jai is 100% on his comments. The only thing I would add here is that I wouldn't have used the uErrMsg function for this purpose. I would have used uWarning. Shows up much easier in the log files.

For future reference, here's a link to all of the Internal Functions and what they do. From here, you can just click on their links for detailed definitions on how they work.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosy,

Looks like the script used in connection test for LDAP repositories.

Yes, stopJob is a variable which is set in entry script.

uErrMsg is explained as below,

So basically it will put the text as warning.

Kind regards,

Jai