Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 Parameters to be set by IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on IDM 7.2 SP9 Patch 6

We have a requirement that we need to set  one parameter ( WCF_EXPORT_RELATIVE and value as "X")  in CRM system for existing & new users

We tried to update below in CreateABAP User/ Modify ABAP User Plugin Pass, so IDM is able to set up the parameter.

parameter1              WCF_EXPORT_RELATIVE=X

But we need that this IDM should only set for CRM (CRPCLNT100)system.

I tried below but then IDM didn't update

parameter1     %WCF_EXPORT_RELATIVE=X%$rep.CRPCLNT100%%

Please advise what can be set to this parameter is only set for CRM system for new & existing users.

Regards

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

You have to create (copy) separate create user plugin task, lets say "createABAPuser-CRM" and link to create user hook task in CRM repository. So this new task will be executed for CRM repository and assign parameter and for other repositories standard task will be executed.

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I just tried this in our DEV system, and i am able to do this for a particular system.

Just one more question, how will this update existing users?

Regards

Aman

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

You will need to create a custom job to do it. I've done updates to existing users in AD but never tried updating existing users in SAP. Shouldn't be tough and I will check when I get my hands on the system. Let us see if others already done it.

Kind regards,

Jai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aman,

or you could use a script on that attribute in the standard "createABAP user" task that checks the repository and sets the parameter when this repository is detected and leaves it blank, when it's another.

I try to keep away from maintaining different hook tasks when I can set values through small scripts. ^^

Regards,

Steffi.

PS: My spidey sense is tingeling... wasn't there a similar question some time ago? I feel like I already wrote something like that.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed, if there is no other requirement for specific systems, then calculating parameters using script is efficient and clean.

Kind regards,

Jai