cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Forecast Reduction is happening for wrong Forecast Category for some products after PGI the Delivery

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a planning book with 2 forecast key figures (one with category FC and other FA).

The goal is to reduce the forecast in APO after Sales Order ---> Delivery ---> PGI in Salesforce or ECC. We are seeing the forecast reduction happening in the RRP3 Forecast tab in the Withdrawal Quantity column.

We maintain all the recommend setting for forecast reduction between ECC and APO systems in addition to CIF integration model for requirement reduction. In the APO Proposed strategy '10' we use category 'FA' and category group for sales order 'BM' and Assignment Mode 'Blank' as per recommended settings for forecast reduction. Our intention is to see the forecast reduction after PGI the delivery for the forecast category 'FA' as per the proposed strategy settings, but for some products we are seeing the reduction happening for category FC though all of the settings are same. What determines which forecast category to reduce after PGI the delivery?

Any suggestion where i can look into this problem would be great. Thanks for your help.

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think my note 1886859 explains this:

All orders with category type "Forecast" are consumed, irrelevant of the "Category" setting in requirement strategy.

Best Regards,
Ada Lv
SAP Product Support

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your reply.

We have both FC and FA of category type 'Forecast'.

But our requirement is to reduce category FA after PGI of delivery, so how can i control in the system to reduce only this category.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone..

Anyone with similar requirement please throw some light. Your suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no real standard solution for this.

SAP assumes if you have 2 types of forecast, that both will be reduced by sales orders and PGI.  That is the definition of forecast and forecast consumption.

Option:  Use a different demand ATP Category

or OSS 437090:  Modification: consumption restriction forecast category

That does work for sales orders but I have NOT confirmed it works for PGI.

Ken

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your note.

Is this note 437090 only applicable for consumption not forecast reduction? Because both are different concepts.

Theoretically, in this case it should also work for PGI right? Also in the APO Requirements strategy customization we use only sales order category BM in the category group and we are seeing forecast reduction irrespective of their categories after we do PGI the delivery.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I have a quick question, today i checked with our Basis team about applying the note 437090 to see if forecast reduction happen after PGI in the lower environment.

We are using SCM 713 SP 9 and it looks when they download this note it was greyed out and they said it is not valid for our version of SCM, so we cannot implement this note.

Please let me know if this note is automatically taken care in the newer release/version of SCM component.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not tried implementing this note in v7 or even v5.  You would have to ask SAP if it is still valid?

Or just try implementing the changes.  I am not sure if SolMan will import this OSS Note as it is a custom change.

Ken

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since we have both forecast FC and FA of category type 'Forecast' and the FC quantities are maintained in multiple monthly buckets in contrast to FA which is a calculated quantity and displayed in the most recent monthly bucket.

I am not sure if we can use the BadI /SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CSP to develop custom logic for consumption mode and period. As mentioned above my requirement is to reduce only category FA after PGI. I would like to know using this BadI i can able to restrict forecast reduction to just only for FA category.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

PK