SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any alternative FM to show removed device

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, Using this FM: ISU_DET_DEVICE_FROM_INST i am able to get all the  devices that are installed. But in case of device removal, this FM will NOT show that device(s) associated to the installation. So, Is there any similar FM or any other way to get the removed devices? Pls suggest.

10 REPLIES 10

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Can you let me know the parameters you are passing to the FM and also the actual ES32 -> Device Details screen-shots?

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am writing a program to get removed device details.

I can pass EQUNR,LOGIKNR & Removal date.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricky,

I think if you understand the concept of technical installation, technical removal, billing related installation and billing related removal with the corresponding tables that are updated in the background you can yourself build the required logic. Please allow me to explain.

When a device is created, at the background a equipment gets created. Device is an ISU entity and equipment is an R/3 entity. The reason for an equipment creation in R/3 is to perform the plant maintenance activities. When the device is created an entry is created in the table EGERH.

By performing the technical installation, we link the device to the device location. At this point in time a new entry is created in the table EGERH with a unique number called as the logical device number.

Now, in order to bill the consumption recorded in this device it has to be linked to the Installation. This activity of linking the device to the installation is called as the billing related installation. A billing related installation cannot be done without performing the technical installation. And when the billing related installation is done an entry is created in the table EASTL by using the logical device number present in EGERH.

Usually, the technical and billing installation are done in one shot and this is called as the full installation. This activity updates the EGERH and EASTL tables.

When we intend to perform the removal activity, the billing related removal has to be done first which ends the time slices in EASTL against the logical device number. This means that the link between the installation and the device is terminated.

And the time slices that you see in the ES32->Devices screen is a replica of the time slices in EASTL table.

Once the billing related removal is done, the technical removal has to be done. This terminates the link between the device location and the device. And an entry is created in the table EGERH.

Now coming to your query where you want to identify the removed devices from an installation.

If you have the installation number and the removal date, you may pass the installation to the EASTL table along with the removal date = EASTL-BIS. You will get the logical device numbers, using which you can query the EGERH table to identify the devices.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Good one Mohd.

A Question :

1) If the activity of linking the device to the installation is called as the 'billing related installation' then what is technical installation?.

I actually call this an technical installation.

2) I want to list out the devices that were all removed from the Installation? Is there any FM or a straight fwd logic to that?

3) I don't see any Device # in EGERH table even if I have LOGIKNR. Do you mean me to search in EGERR?

0 Kudos

1) Technical Installation as I have mentioned above, is the activity of linking the device to the device location.

2) I trust the easiest way would be to hit the EASTL table by passing the installation to the field EASTL-ANLAGE and EASTL-BIS NE 31/12/9999. This would give you all the devices which have been removed from the Installation. Use the EASTL-LOGIKNR and pass it to EGERH, and it will return you the equipment numbers ( EQUNR ). Now you can pass these EQUNR to the table EQUI which will return you the device serial number ( SERNR ).

3) Please do not confuse yourself with EGERR for now. Its a different concept. Hope point 2 clarifies your query in point 3.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mohd.

I need to get the meter constant from EZUZ table. ABRFAKT is the field.

I don't see any entries for based on my LOGIKNR2(logical device#).

What could be the reason?

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Can you try the below.

Once you have the equipment no after querying EASTL and EGERH table as stated above by Mohammed. Pass the equipment no to ETDZ and get the LOGIKZW(Logical register no) then pass this to LOGIKZW in EZUZ to get ABRFAKT.

I hope this should work.

Regards,

Chandandeep.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricky,

There is a table EASTS. This table gets updated when you perform the billing related installation along with EASTL. The table EASTL stores the details at the device level and the table EASTS stores the details at the register level.

Since you have the installation and date with you, please use it to query the table EASTS along with the dates AB & BIS. You will get the LOGIKZW value, then you can query the table EZUZ with this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for both of you for the replies. But I don't see any data for the selection in EZUZ filtered via EASTS or ETDZ tables

@Mohd - Now I have a different but related question.

When I do the reversal of the device removal, I am NOT able to see the device validity dates being updated in the Installation data environment and also in the EASTL table.

I tried doing reversal in both ways:

1) Billing reversal first & then technical reversal

2) Full reversal

I see the EGERH table affected with one row getting omitted but no change in EASTL.

Can you please suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

There is a contradiction to your explanation about device removal.

In other post, I am seeing that Technical Reversal should be done first and then billing related ones.

Do you agree?