Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the status of the u0093User Compareu0094 for all roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

After we do a “User Compare” some of the roles are still in yellow .

I would like to produce a complete list of all roles left “uncompared” so that I can work on them one by one. But I can’t find the relevant table.

Where can I find the status of the “User Compare” for all roles?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

You can do Schedule a daily job for report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY .This will do a compare of users automatically and set your roles to status green

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid

0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

That's exactly my problem: We still have "yellow" ids AFTER we do PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY.

In order to analize and fix them, I need a list of roles we are having problem with.That's is why I am looking for a way to get a complete list of roles with problems.

Thanks.

Igor.

0 Kudos

Igor,

There are several reasons to have "yellow" ID's after running a comparison. Often they are caused by time stamp issues. As far as I know there is no table that has a complete list of roles that has not been compared.

I would analyze what roles/user combos are having the issue then look at the underlying tables surrounding them.

If you want to see the tables PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY uses you can analyze the program or run an ST01 SQL trace and view the tables the program is using via SQL statements.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Thanks Ben. After checking all relevant tables, I followed your advice and debugged the PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY. SAP does the dynamic check and does not store results in the table.

Thank you for your help.

Igor.

0 Kudos

hi,

perhaps this might not be the problem always for it to be yellow even after user compare. This can happen if the role is not genearated of the profile is not there.

A role with no authorizations will remain red or yellow even if the user comparision is done.

So perhaps u can over come this by generate all roles.

you can use mass generate but make sure that you are genearting the roles in scope and you are not touching the standard role SAP roles.

and then user compare that should do

manohar

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I will try it too. Thanks for your suggestion.

Igor.

0 Kudos

Igor,

Schedule the PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY in the background, run SM37 and check the "Job log", it will show some user compare failed and why. That is why I normally only kept actual end user roles in PRD.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Lye