cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report apps per phone?

AndreC1
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to report all apps installed on a device?

We recently switched from another MDM to Mobile Secure, and we are missing a very important report we use to have. That is to list all apps installed on each of the devices. Our entire fleet is IOS devices, and are managed. The devices are not in supervised mode. How can I get this report?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andre,

Greetings!!

Glad to hear you are using SAP Mobile Secure. If you would like to get the list of applications installed on each of the devices, login to Afaria Admin Console -> Select the device in the DEVICE tab -> select "Show/Hide Inspector" tab in the left pane -> Right side you can see "Software" tab.

You can see the list of applications on the device.

Hope this helps. Do let us know for any further queries.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Sushmitha. This is not exactly what I am looking for, but It is good to know that the data is tracked. I actually want to go the other direction. I want to see a list of all software installed on managed devices, and then report devices per software app. For example, if I see a game app, then I want to see which devices have that game app installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andre,

For your requirement, you can create a custom view as shown below:

This is for Android, you can try the same data fields for iOS and Windows as well. Once you execute this custom view, you will see the list of apps installed on the device. In the Software filter, provide the name of the application you would like to see. Then click on "Contains" in the filter. Then, it will show the devices list on which the app is installed.

Hope this works.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

AndreC1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. It is still not 100% what we were looking for, but it gets the job done. 100% would have been to have an exportable list of all software, and all the devices that have each software installed, all in one report. But using this report together with the software list in Analytics, helps us at least to identify unwanted software, and then identify the devices that have it installed. Thank you Sushmitha for helping us.

Example of 100%:

Software     Device

Fiori               phone1

Fiori               phone2

Fiori               phone3

SAP GUI       phone1

SAP GUI       phone3

Answers (0)