cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between SAProute and SNC and Service Connector ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm kind of confuse with all those tools, can anyone tell me if my understanding is right :

-> SAProute is an enhanced firewall, with special SAP functionnality (like remote controlling a SAP system)

-> SNC is used to link two SAProute (customer to SAP or customer to VAR for exemple), it works kind of like a VPN (using an encrypted connexion over the internet)

-> Service connector is the same as SNC (SNC = Service Network Connecotr)

Am I right ? If not, can anyone give me details ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

Saprouter is a tool that SAP uses to make connection between your SAP landscape and SAP's CRM systems. With this tool you allow SAP to connect your systems to solve your problems, to give CQC services etc. You can open and close connections as you wish.

Here is a good picture.

Route String Entry for SAProuter - SAProuter - SAP Library

Your systems also connect to SAP's CRM systems and get some info like SAP Notes.

SNC is a secure network connection between nodes. The nodes could be a SAP GUI for a user and and SAP Server, could be two SAP servers. SNC secures the data communication paths between the various SAP system client and server components

Secure Network Communications (SNC) - SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability - SAP Library

Service Connector is a tool, program that checks your connection to SAP's network.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh alright, I guess I need to continue my documentation

So basically, with SAProuter you can connect SAP to a customer's SAP or a SAP landscape (from client A) to the SAP of the VAR for exemple.

It all goes through the Internet, all you need for two system to connect them is that they both have SAProute ?

A basic scheme , in a VAR scenario for exemple, could then be "SAP solution of client A -> Customer A Solman -> customer SAProuter -> Internet -> VAR SAProuter -> VAR Solman -> VAR SAP solution" ?

And if I got it right, SNC (Secure Network Connection) is there to encripte that connection, especially when it goes over internet

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

Saprouter is used between SAP and customers. Not customer and VAR. When SAPSouter is configured, vpn tunnel is established between SAP and customer network. No VAR here.

Both SAP and customers have saprouters configured after vpn tunnel. No vpn no connection.

I sent the figure before.

In VAR scenario,

You configure connection to SAP with SAProuter also.

VAR must have ticket system to get your tickets and that ticket must be able to forward your tickets to SAP in need. But firstly VAAR consultants must care about the ticket.

SNC can be established between two nodes it could be either in LAN or WAN.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yüksel,

Since VARs need to perform maintenance activities (EWA, root cause analysis, incident solving...), I thought they needed to have a connection to the customer's SAP system.(which I thought was based on SAProuter)

If I understood correctly what you just explained me, in a VAR scenario :

- VAR has a ticket system (ITSM for exemple)

- client signal incident to VAR via ITSM

- VAR consultant find a solution, remote connect (sorry for that dumb question, but what do they use ?) to customer's SAP and solve the issue

- also, in a VAR scenario, does the customer need a SAP / Customer connection (via SAProuter) or will SAP use the VAR ?

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

There is vpn as you know. They can connect to customers network through vpn. This is enough.

Yes, VARs must have a ticket system. Could be ITSM or any others.

They can connect customers systems as i said before and return you through ticket system back.

If they cannot solve the issue they can escalate the issue to SAP by forwarding your ticket.

If SAP needs to connect customer systems that time saprouter is needed. And when VAR forwards issue to SAP they pay per ticket. Not sure for all problems or not.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yüksel,

First of all, thank you for taking time answering my questions

I found a scheme on the marketplace, after hours of investigation, that pretty much sums up the connection needed for A VAR scenario  :

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

As we can see, there's a VPN connection :

- from the VAR to SAP  (for lv 3 support for exemple)

- from SAP to the customer

- from the customer to VAR (for the EWA ?)

- from VAP to customer, using SAP Global Service Backbone (for remote access ?)

So I guess this PDF pretty much answers my questions.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

Very good presentation.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Answers (0)