cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isqlw not working after enabling "net password encryption reqd" enabling

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use microsoft utility isqlw  , ever since "net password encryption reqd" has been enabled we get below message

Msg 1640, Level 16, State 2, Server SERVER1, Line 0

Adaptive Server requires encryption of the login password on the network.

Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1, Server SERVER1, Line 0

In Registry string key with value name SERVER1 and value key as    "DBMSSOCN,corbsddb.lat.root.net,4100"

When we bring up isqlw we can provide username & password which works fine with above string when "net password encryption reqd" is disabled.

Is there any additional Encryption variable or any registry variable i can add to make it work??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What release of SAP NetWeaver are you on? And what is the version of SQL Server?

Please describe your scenario and what are you trying to achieve on. Furthermore, is there any SAP documentation suggesting you to use isqlw?

Best regards,

Luis Darui

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you may have opened an incident on this as well.

I'm confused about your setup.

If you are using Microsofts isqlw to ASE, this probably shouldn't work as it is meant to connect to SQL Server.  The reason it might is because SQL Server and ASE used to be the same server back in the day.

Looking at MS website, isqlw doesn't include an option for password encryption as sybase isql
does (-X).

I also see MS isqlw might be End Of Life and was replaced by MS SQLCMD which has encryption parameter (-N).

I would suggest using sybase/sap products isql or dbisql/interactive sql (GUI).  These come with the SAP SDK for ASE installation.

Regards,

Ryan