cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Alternative Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I was thinking about the mail provider solution in Hybris Marketing.

With 1511 there is only Amazon SES, with 1602 there is SAP Mailservices in addition.

As it is written in the configuration guide, that Hybris Marketing is provided with an example implementation of an adapter for Amazon (class CL_CUAN_MKT_EXEC_EMAIL_AMZN), I wonder if it is possible to adapt this adapter.

I also tried just to use CL_CUAN_MKT_EXEC_EMAIL as an adapter, but then I got a message that the adapter is invalid.

Idea behind this is, that we have a demo system and for this purpose I just need local clients or maybe somebody just wants to use existing mail server.

Has anybody some information according to such an intention?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JanMatthes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

from SAP Hybris Marketing release 1508 onpremise onwards, it is possible to connect custom service providers (e.g. for email, text messages, messengers etc) by implementing a custom adapter. Essentially, this comes down to implementing several methods in an ABAP adapter class. In the standard delivery, adapter classes for AMAZON SES for Email and Sybase SMS 365 for text messages are included and can be used as examples on how to implement a custom adapter class. There have been customers as well as internal projects that connected additional service providers.

Nevertheless we do not recommend this and there is no official support or documentation from our side to integrate own ESP. Besides this there are also good business reasons why integrating an own ESP is not recommended. In a nutshell the high-volume 3rd party E-Mail Service Providers like Amazon provide way more power and service in terms of reputation management (e.g. Provider spam classification, IP warming etc.) and scalability than a normal business mail provider do as they are often not used to the peaks which happen with high-volume bulk mailings.

Cheers

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

thanks a lot - just one thing more I want to know - would the whole implementation only need to be done in ABAP or are there also some HANA classes / developments involved?

Cheers,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

As you see in the email/sms delivered implementations, implementing the adapter class would mean only ABAP development.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

yep, thanks for the info - I asked because somewhere while debugging I saw an internal table where adapter name together with a HANA app name was stored.

Anyway, I will deal with Amazon.

Cheers,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I completely understand your message that other email service provider are not supported but the reality looks different. A lot of customers already make use of 3rd party solutions to deliver emails or sms or want's to use their own architecture and services. For this reason it is necessary to stay open within the .SAP Hybris Marketing architecture and provide solutions how to integrate with other partners than SAP and Amazon.

Message was edited by: Damian Deßler Is there any kind of documentation how to implement further service provider?

Answers (0)