cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration OpenText DAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I am currently working on the integration of OpenText DAM (Media Manager). I followed the steps in Hybris Marketing and setup credentials and RFC connections, as well as activation of the DAM settings in customizing.

So at the moment I don't get this integration working.

My expectation is: When I am browsing for an image while creating a template for a newsletter, the system should provide me with the content in OpenText Media Management.

I just get this pop up where I have to manually insert URL and such.

So are my expectations wrong to this integration?

I also set breakpoints in the referring classes for OpenText DAM - CL_CUAN_ME_DAM_OPEN_TEXT

But nothing happens during call.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BACKESSI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

DAM integration is currently only available for Emails, not for Templates. Please check in the Email editor.

Thanks and best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

thanks for the answer, I think I also forgot to mention that we are running on 1511 release. Maybe this makes a difference.

Aren't we talking about the same area ?

I am talking about the path: Campaigns -> Template Library -> Templates; and there you can edit content and also send e-mails

There I am using the "insert image"-button.

So is there anything different or any other area where DAM integration should fit?

Thanks in advance.

Timo

@Silvia: I see, this refers to the content editor; I was confused about the two areas. Thanks a lot - by the way the documentation and config guides could be a little bit more precise 😉

Message was edited by: Timo Klein

BACKESSI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

In 1511 and still also in 1605 there are two different editors available for emails and for email templates. To use content in a campaign execution you have to create an email content, where you can add personalization attributes and conditions. An email content has to be based on a template. Please find more info in the application help.

Regarding your actual question, as already mentioned, in the Template Library there is no possibility for a DAM search to get the URL for an image. You have to copy / past the URL from the DAM system in Hybris Marketing (see "insert image" button).

But when you create an email content, see the App "Manage Campaign Content", and insert a static image there, then you will get the search button to access the image search dialog - if necessary DAM/CMS system is connected and customizing is done.

Selecting an item provides you the URL of the image in the image properties in the email editor.

Best regards,

Silvia

Answers (0)