Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VC - Selection Condition BOM Item

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am configuring the VC  in SAP.

I have KMAT material CAR.  For CAR header material I am creating the super BOM. In super BOM I have two items namely as below.

Item 0010 - Power Steering

Item 0020 - Normal Steering

I would like to restrict that the user SHOULD NOT SELECT BOTH ITEMS (power steering as well as normal steering). If anyone of the line item in the BOM is selected, the other line item should disappear for selection. How we can achieve this using VC?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK SK,

You can use precondition to achive same. Please check below link.

Example: Precondition for a Characteristic Value - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Create precondition like below and assign it to the 2 values which are used for selecting these component.

Item 0010 - Power Steering, If $SELF.Streeing = Normal

Item 0020 - Normal Steering, If $SELF.Streeing = Power

So when you select Powr streeing with value Power, it will hide value "Normal"

Give it a try and reply. Hope it will work for you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for the info.

Do you mean that to create the global dependency in CU01 & assign this global dependency to characteristics values like power steering & normal steering in CT04?

What does the $SELF means here?

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK SK,

That's correct , you can create global or local dependency and assign it to values in question (Power and Normal).

$SELF was being used in syntax as to express level of configuration, its more relevant in reference to multilevel configuration for expressing the same level. If you are on latest version of ECC , you can even try with $SELF it may work. As being oil timer I am used to write syntax with $SELF . Hope this explanation will work for you.

Please mark the replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh