cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM Error : HttpExtractSID: SID wrong len: 1 - ignored

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting the below error message in ICM logs.

I am not sure where to check and how to resolve this error message in icm logs.

Kindly help me for resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

same issue here. How did you manage to solve your problem with Mobisys?

Regards

Daniel

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Upon some digging, it seems that the issue is related to a cookie called sap-contextid.

The application probably set it incorrectly and send it to the ICM.

sap-contextid is a session cookie to group requests into one common session (stateful) and should point to the instance where the session is running.

When the ICM evaluates the cookie, it give the error you mentioned.

Thus, the cookie is ignored and the request sent to the ABAP application server to be processed.

The ICM is just ignoring the cookie and then sending the request to the application server. The request is processed anyway, so the error is harmless.

If you want to avoid having such entries, then you need to identify the application that is setting the wrong cookie and sending it to the browser. Maybe an ICM trace level 2 can show you the application name.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristiano,

Thanks for the explanation.

I have changed the trace level 2 and checked the trace. It looks like MOBISYS application causing the issue.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Check below the sapnote, it is an old note

1056492 - Short host name causes incorrect context ID

If error is reported at a specific time or if you know the steps that is causing these logs, you can try increasing the trace level for ICM to get more details.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

What is the kernel version and patch level used? Since when this is happening? Do you know the steps to have the entries in the trace? Is this caused by a specific web browser?

Please check whether the hostname used to access the HTTP port have more than 8 characters.

You can also check whether the following parameters are being used:

dynp/luw_id_format = 2

rdisp/vb_key_use_hostname = 1

Thanks and regards,

Cris