Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM5.0 - SPAM stuck in SAPKW70013 "Function does not fit in Function Group"

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello World,

another day another cause for pain & suffering.

In preparation for the upgrade to SCM7, SUM demanded we patch our SCM5 box first to SP14.

That went just fine on the test system, but once we tried the same on production, it got stuck on some old SAP note implementations ("SAP originals have been changed in the system").

No SPAU or SPDD call possible, so we got stuck and had to back out of the queue.

But now, even so we managed to reset those SAP notes to original state in the meantime, we can't get SPAM to finish anything beyond SAPKW70013.

Because as soon as it reaches SAPKW7001,3 it terminates with the error shown below.

And those SAP notes, who claim you could just ignore that error during the test phase, are just plain wrong!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Donaldo,

Please read SAP note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP.

The relevant section:

"...

12. BW Support Packages (component SAP_BW)

• SAPKW70013 - SAPKW70014 (SAPKW70015, SAPKW70016)

Symptom: If the BW Support Packages SAPKW70013 and SAPKW70014 are imported together in a queue, an error occurs in Support Package SAPKW70014 in the step TEST_IMPORT. The test import log of Support Package SAPKW70014 contains the following error message:

Function RSDDTREX_INDEX_CHECK (RSDDTREX_CHECK 01) does not fit into the existing function group ((RSDDTREX 06))

If BW Support Package SAPKW70015 or SAPKW70016 is also in the queue, the same test import error occurs there.

Solution: You can ignore this error by choosing 'Extras'->'Ignore test-import error'.  The error will not occur during the later import.

..."

Kind regards,

Cris

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christiano,

as I already wrote: THAT SAP NOTE IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!

I ignored that error in the test phase and got promptly stuck in SPAM 😞

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Donaldo,

Sorry - I didn't realize you meant the SAP note I mentioned.

I'll come back shortly...

Regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Donaldo,

Have you tried the solution mentioned in SAP note 410128?

Kind regards,

Cris

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but we had to cancel and restore.

Note to all: Force resetting the SPAM Queue is a TRULY BAD IDEA,  as is applying a whooping large number of SPs in bulk 😞