cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger-based campaigns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the use of a Filter (with Live target group) mandatory for trigger-based campaigns to work? Without it I can't seem to make it work

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JanMatthes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

the filtering is optional if you want to contact only people which had a certain interaction e.g. in a certain region, customer, age group etc..

Did you check if you have sufficient authorization for the needed segmentation object underneath? There is also EKT material available for trigger-based marketing which might be helpful. In addtion you find here the documentation for trigger-based marketing. If this does not help feel free to open a ticket.

Cheers

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jan, thanks for picking this one up (was also thinking of contacting you directly anyway).

Let me give you more detail about this simple scenario.

Our final demo scenario will capture interactions from an yMKT landing page. As an intermediate step and to familiarise ourselves with trigger-based campaigns I'm just loading interactions one by one via a CSV template (Import data).

I have done all the required configurations as documented in SAP Help incl. defining our trigger for our specific interaction type.

The campaign is the simplest without any filter with an email action. We have setup email integration with Amazon SES.

When I manually load a record I would therefore expect an email to be triggered but it doesn't

The main challenge I find is the lack of documented log for campaign execution. I don't even know whether the vent was picked up in yMKT and it tries to send an email.

Is there such a log table I could check?

Is the authorisation you mention only required if filters (TG) are used)?

Are trigger supposed to work for manual import?

Final question: in order to better isolate my problem, I tried to add the "Export" action against the "Trigger-based" campaign category (in config) but it does not appear as an action when creating a new campaign. Are Send email or Send SMS the only possible action for this type of campaign?

Cheers