cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Receiver ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to configure HTTP receiver adapter for the scenario RFC-HTTP. I need to connect to a 3rd party system. I created a RFC destination of type G to connect to this system.

I want to know about the Header Fields, what i need to give in the header fields ?

What i need to give in the path ? what is the functionality of path ?

what i need to select the query string parameters like sender service, interfcae ?

help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

target host is the server name

service number is the port number

path has to be something like this /invoke/Inbound/IBMNOV?MessageType=REQCRT

for query string,jst leave the default settings,as ur using RFC most probbaly QoS is BE,right?

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I have RFC-HTTP scenario. I need to send the xml data from sap to 3rd party system.

since the QOS=BE, can i leave the default settings for the query string as it is ?

I dont know what to enter in the path, does it point to some file to be triggered in the 3rd party system ?

this path shld lead to what ? can u explain little bit more on the path.

Thanks,

srini

Message was edited by:

srinivas kapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

when u have to send the data over HTTP to some receiver,he needs to generate a URL and give that to u(same way u must have generated URL using the HTTP client)now this URL will have servername,host,and then the rest of it is path,it actually tells where the messages should be routed,just think of it as some else using the URL u generated,for him the path will be the message interface,urn etc,similarly,for HTTP receiver,the path will tell exactly where the message should,go in that server.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I got it. can i enter the ip address of the server instead of host name while configuring for the http receiver ?

I created a Http dest just to test whether the rfc connection to this external server is working and i found if i give the host name, the connection failed and when i gave the ip address i ot success.

In the http receiver i am using url and in server can i give the ip address instead of host name ?

help would be appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yeah that will work,see u will give HTTP destination in the addressing mode if the receiver is maintained in SM59(which i guess is not the case with you,right?).

i guess ur receiver is outside ur landscape and no entry is maintained for him in SM59,so u have to go with URL address and givin IP address is fine there

lemme know if u have any more questions

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

The third party system is in our landscape. I created a RFC destination of type G

and i entered the IP address and the listening port 80 and test connection is working fine.

since it is in our landscape, i can go with the HTTP destination right ?

when i go with HTTP destination then there is no need of path ?

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if ur system in within the landscape,the go for HTTP address and u dont have to give any path for that.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for the reply. I willl do the same

Thanks,

srini