cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm going to clone my xi. As I'm reading the homogeneous and heterogenous system copy for java and abap. I'm to the following conclusion. I need to do a oracle server specific copy. And do a sid rename on db level and in abap side with se06.

but what about the java part? and what about the xi msg's that are in the systems and the adapters? Should i disable some adapters? and so on.

In the java system copy there are some configur ation steps for xi. telling about sld integration server, exchange profile,cache,... but they are not telling about the msg's that still are in the system.

What are the steps that I'm missing?

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

If XI is running ong NW4S then you can use standard system copy guide for ABAP+Java.

I dont know how many interfaces you have configured in your XI box, I also requested to make a copy of XI box.

Easy way is for XI 3.0

1. Install XI 3.0 with different SID & apply all the SPs & Kernel patch as source.

2. Create new business systems with target group

2. Synchronize SLD using full export/import

3. Export the Software components from Source & import to target

4. export the Configuration Scenario & import to target.

This activity would take 24 working Hrs to build but its easy & consistent way to build a copy of existing system (This is my experience).

Best luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do post it in the BASIS section, You might get some help there