cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll-out SSL certificates and update enterprise app using Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a couple of requirements related to Afaria on-premise.

1. Rollout of SSL certificates to all devices
  2. Automatic update of SAP workmanager application via Afaria (IPA files for iOS devices )

For the 1st requirement,

We can add certificates for Android devices by adding them in Security option of Configuration policy.

But I am not sure about how we can add certificates for iOS devices.

Would it require enrolling iOS devices in Supervised mode?

There is an option called 'Supervising Host Certificate' in Supervised mode... is this the correct option for adding SSL certificates onto iOS devices?

For the 2nd requirement,

I have followed,

SAP Knowledge Base Article

2177438 - How to update iOS Enterprise Apps installed via MDM and marked as required

But by doing that, will the data of current version of the application get erased or will it remain?

Need the inputs on these..

BR,

Suraj Nair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

For 1st requirement, go to Admin Console -> iOS Configuration Policy -> MDM Payload -> Credential.Add the certificate here and push the policy to the device/devices.

Please try this and do let us know the result.

For 2nd requirement,

Once you push an update to the enterprise app with the different version through Admin console, the data of the previous application will remain the same and only the application gets upgraded/modified through MDM.

Hope this clears your query.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Thank you for the help .

I believe that when adding the certificate in Admin Console -> iOS Configuration Policy -> MDM Payload -> Credential, we also need to make sure that, Certificate files must be accessible from the machine running the Afaria Administration console, right?

BR

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yes, when you are trying to browse the certificate, the cert should reside in the same machine where the Afaria Admin console is accessible.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

If you feel the discussion is answered, please mark it as answered. http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Kind Regards,

Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

I was trying to add the certificate in Admin Console -> iOS Configuration Policy -> MDM Payload -> Credential.

But why is it prompting me to add password?

Wouldn't that mean the  device users will also need to enter the password when this policy is applied to the group.

That would also involve sharing that password to all.

Am I right about it?

BR

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Yes, I believe the OS prompts for this if required when installing the certificate. Can you quickly test pushing this policy on a single device and see the result.

Kind Regards,

Sushmitha

Answers (0)