cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Date of Production During UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We are having some materials in which Shelf life is maintained without batch management,during one of the GR we maintained Date of Production in MIGO and save the trxn. so inspection lot is created,while doing the stock posting during UD i am getting "Enter the date of production" Message no. 12018.

Kindly let me know how to resolve this.

With Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you answer the below questions so that we can understand your scenario a bit clearly -

a) Do you mean there are some materials in your plant where Shelf Life Management is there without Batch Management, whereas, for other materials you have in the same plant has batch management active? Is that true?

b) Is this situation happening for all your non-batch materials, or only a few such non-batch materials, where other non-batch materials this is working fine (though unlikely I guess..)?

Well, there are quite a few earlier discussion happened on this topic, which says that batch is required to track the correct stock which is going to expired. You can check the below threads for more inputs -

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1842939

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1641415

https://scn.sap.com/thread/976772

For this case, while GR is posted to create stock in storage location, then Shelf life date is already getting checked. So that part is working OK I guess.

But your case is not having batch activated, and you are trying to do UD (MvT 321) for the inspection lot created after GR, I think you should check the configuration OMJ5 for 'movement type' and check if MvT 321 is checking Shelf Life or not [Indicator = Blank].

Thanks for your checking.

Thanks,

Arijit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In  MSC3N for your batch please check you have production date.

Also check  customizing in OMJ5 for 321 movement check  shelf life data is requested.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Material is not Batch Managed, while in OMJ5 for Mov. Type 321 its 1.Enter and Check.

With Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for your kind support issue resolved as i removed the shelf life data from material master as its not batch managed.

Closing the issue.

With Regards.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

System should ask for the production date for batch managed material which having Self life data.

Check OMJX  field SLED/BBD (GOITEM-VFDAT) defined as required entry.

In transaction code MIGO, make Good Receipt for the Purchase /procution Order without inputting "Shelf Life Expiration or "Date of Manufacture".

Or remove batch check for 321 movement in OMJ5.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If issue is resolved then please close the discussion.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar