cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price determination in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario where an invoice is created with reference to a delivery (this is a delivery with no sales order).

There is a price that is getting determined in delivery for one of the conditions.

There are prices that are maintained at higher levels in the access - but some are based on batch characteristic values.  The user exit logic for supplying value to the batch characteristics values are written only for billing. Hence the price at a lower access is determined in the delivery.

When the invoice is created, the price from a higher access should ideally be picked up as the batch characteristic values are available now. The pricing type in VTFL is "C". This should mean that the prices should be redetermined right?

When i click update prices in VF02 (carry out new pricing) - it still doesn't pick the right price. In analysis screen, i am also not able to see the previous accesses and selected pricing condition.

The manual entries field in condition type definition has a value of "C -manual entry has priority". I am not sure if this has any significance - even though the pricing was determined in the delivery automatically - not a manual entry.

Please help.

Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

My initial issue is still not resolved. The price is still being picked from the condition determined in delivery.

In billing analysis i am not even able to view the first 5 accesses where conditions are maintained.

I tried changing the condition type definition - manual entries value to B - automatic entry has priority - but still not working.

Please help.

Regards,

Tony,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

Is it necessary to maintain C - manual entry has priority in Condition Type definition? I would suggest to maintain B or D. Please change this setting and try to run the entire flow once again.

This is because, I feel the condition marked as C - manual entry has priority are considered as Manually entered condition with re-determining the Pricing in Invoice.

And one more thing, the User Exit is carrying the Characteristics values to Invoice but are these values passed to Pricing Structures? If no, this may also be the issue.

Even after this it does not work, I would suggest to explore the option of developing Alternative Calculation Routine for the Condition and assign the same in Pricing Procedure.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

I could try to maintain B or D to test again. Will let you know my findings.

The values are passed to pricing structures in the billing (but it is not done in Delivery).

On a similar note, i would also like to know if the pricing is determined always based on system time? for example, if i have a condition whose validity date is from 21 April and the system time is US time. Will it be picked on 21 April in India (during morning when it is still 20 April in US/system time)

Regards,

Tony.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

Irrespective of the user Location the server time remains the same.

If the user is creating the Order on 21th April in India with order and pricing dates as 21th April the condition will  be picked. But if the order is created on 21th April in India with Order date or Pricing Date as 20th April, the condition will not be picked.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the batch charateristics avialable in the delivery?

and what is the price source available in copy control under item category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Batch characteristics are not available for pricing in delivery.

the price source is Delivery in copy control.

Regards,

Tony.