cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus:

New to APO and this is my first question here, how do I run heuristics so that with just location/ network heuristics run, I can have demands/ receipts generated to the lowest levels if an assembly is used and in all location.

My scenario is, I have an Assembly (A) with 4 components (B,C,D,E).

I have 2 locations 1. Distribution centre and 2. Production centre.

The forecast was generated for Assb (A) in Dist. centre and a location heuristic was run which created dist. demand in Production centre, again I have to run location heuristics in Production centre for same assembly which created Planned production order and dependent demand for components, I have to load those product-location for each component in order to run location heuristics which generated purchase req's as receipts for the components as they are ext. procured.

My question is can I do this all in one shot, instead of opening each an every product-location and run location heuristcs.

Thanks in advance.

Sadat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat

I guess you work with SNP.

In this case, you can run Heuritic for assembly A and also components

by using network heuristic with components opetion in T-CD /SAPAPO/SNP01.

(If you work with interactive window t-cd /SAPAPO/SNP01, you need to run multi level

heuristic).

But before run network heuristic, you have better to calculate low level

code from T-CD /SAPAPO/SNPLLC (Program/SAPAPO/RSNPLLCSET), then all products are calculated in correct sequence.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji/ Visu:

Thank you so much for prompt replies, could you please explain what low level code is, also how to calculate the correct sequence as the assembly I am using is using 1 each of each component.

Thanks again.

Sadat

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat

Since I cannot explain with simple words, I will explain with some example.

There is 1 DC and 1 Plant. And you have requirement in DC. And company creating PC. This PC use 1 RAM/1 CPU/1 Disk as a componenets.

DC <=========================Plant

PC PC

~~~

~~~~

RAM CPU Disk

If you have requirement in DC, and there is no stock of PC in DC and plant.

You need to trigger replenishment plan. But if you schedule network heuritic to PC without knowing LLC, there is a possibility that requirement of PC in plant are calculated at first, then requirement of DC in plant are calculated next. In this case, you do not have any stock transfer order and manufacturing order in plant.

So to schedule with correct sequence (at first calculate requirement in DC <this create stock transfer order>, then calculate requiement in plant <this create manufacturing order>).

if you schedule low level code calculation, you will see following result.

PC in DC = LLC0

PC in Plant =LLC1

RAM in Plant =LLC2

CPU in plant =LLC2

Disk in plant =LLC2

As you can see in above, Low level code show depth of BOM. And heuristic is carried out from LLC 0. Then there is no worry to have problem like described in above. So LLC calculation is necessary.

There is help document of LLC. So I recommend you to read following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/frameset.htm

Best Redgards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keiji:

Really appreciate your effort, I did go through the document too. I think I am heading into a potential error here, all my PP/DS and SNP lower level code in T. code SNPLLC shows zero for all products irrespective of Header or component.

Even in change mode these fields are inactive. I wonder how do I fix this. .

Thanks alot.

Sadat

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat

If you schedule calculation of lowlevel code, and the result of t-cd /SAPAPO/SNPLLC become zero to SNPLLC, there might be some problem.So it is better to search SAP Note.

For PP/DS, you need to run other program to calculate PPDS LLC. It is because during LLC calculation source of supply (like PPM/PDS) are checked and PPM/PDS are created for SNP and PPDS differently. So you need to calculate PPDS LLC with different t-cd. To calculate PPDS LLC, please schedule PPDS Heuristic Stage Numbering Algorithm SAP_PP_020(T-CD /SAPAPO/CDPSB0 or /SAPAPO/CDPSB1 <background>).

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pl check your PPM and transportation lanes for errors please?? Also just ensure they are added to the model related to the version you are running your SNP in...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji/ Harish:

Thank you so much for your response, I am only trying to run SNP heuristics just referred to PP/DS the lower level code showed up along. If any particular SAP note you are talking about please refer it.

Harish, I did check the model and version there are no inconsistencies, as mentioned earlier when I do Location heuristics I am able to genereate planned order in production plant but have to do that for every other part individaullay, I am using PDS here and when I double click the planned order in RRP3 for the assembly in production plant I could see all the requirements and source of supply (PDS).

Down the line for the components the source of supply (vendor locations) looks good too.

Any idea what else could be going on behind, I would really appreciate if anybody who had been through the same situation could help me here.

Thanks in advance.

Sadat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody:

Can any plz help me with this, I have checked the low level code on R/3 side it looks okay but when I move the assemblies to APO, what I see is all of them are 0 (Zero) irrespective of Header or component.

Due to this I am unable to run Multi-level/ Network Heuristics (SNP). Where as when I do a Location Heuristics I am able to create Planned orders or replenishments accordingly but I have to run each and every material-location combination.

Someone please suggest whats the problem here.

Thank you

Sadat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the SAP Notes?

Note 68792 - Collective note for low-level code / recursiveness

Note 97886 - Correct low-level code

One of the reasons could be that the low level codes in Material Master ( table MDVM) are incorrect or do not suite in APO, if you transfer them. See if you can find any anwswer in the above notes. There are a lot of them....try your luck.

Let us know what the solution is...if you could solve it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu:

The note has already been implemented (its a part of hot pack). Beside that I have this question in transaction /SAPAPO/SNPLLC after executing the pl.version when I display the results I see this heuristics against my location and material:

SAP_PP_002 which is for Planning of Standard Lots. I wonder if there is any config to replace it with SAP_PP_020 which is Stage-Numbering Algorithm for lower level code defining.

In the same transaction the heuristic field is inactive even in change mode, I wonder how I do this.

Please advice.

Sadat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat,

You cannot plan assemblies using Network and Location Heuristics. They are single level.

There is one more Heuristic called Multi-level Heuristic that can plan all levels of an assembly. If you need to control which level and component needs to be planned first, you can maintain low-level codes. If you are running in background, just select "Take into account found components in planning run" indicator in SNP01. You can maintain lowlevel codes in transaction /SAPAPO/SNPLLC.

For more information, read<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/4a/563a18305211d3b6270000e82de178/frameset.htm">Running the Heuristic in the Background</a>.