cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Builder Connect Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm working on an installation of XI3.0. When trying to connect to IB Repository or Directory it gives the following problem.

#431 21:22:01 [AWT-EventQueue-1] ERROR com.sap.aii.util.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ib.core.ejbutil.rb_all.SERVER_NOT_AVAILABLE

com.sap.aii.ib.core.login.ServerAccessException: Unable to connect to server iga51067:50000. Check server availability

at com.sap.aii.ib.core.ejbutil.EJBHomeFactory.initRemoteFactory(EJBHomeFactory.java:163)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.LoginServiceProvider$LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceProvider.java:159)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLogin.doLogin(SplashLogin.java:155)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLoginFrame$7.run(SplashLoginFrame.java:264)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:171)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:448)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:197)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)

Serialized server exceptions:

MESSAGE ID: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException (serialized)

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:217)

Initially, it said 'cannot connect to server xxxxx:50004'.I followed up the threads to find that the port is 50000 and not 50004 and so changed it 50000. But I still get the same error (as shown above).

In the complete log, it also says at some point the following:

Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

I changed this port for 'directory.rmiport' and 'repository.rmiport' from 50004 to 50000.

All other ports in the profile are 50000.

Please also let me know which entry should have which port!!

What am i missing?

Appreciate any help regarding this. I seem to be stuck!

Thanks,

Rajit

Message was edited by: Rajit Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a simple solution to this problem.

XI Integration Builder run on top of Java™ Web Start 1.4.2, which is part of J2SE 1.4.2.

So You need to use : Java™ WebStart 1.4.2

For this you need to install : j2re-1_4_2_03-windows-i586-p.exe

This solved the issue for me.

Please acknowledge if this solves the problem for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajiit,

This is documented quite extensively on sdn.

Which did you try to log on, Integration Repository or Directory? The port number in the error message 50004 is the port for J2ee Visual Admin tool, so it seems to be wrong. The correct port for IR or ID is 50000.

Make sure you configured the Exchange Profile with correct host name and port for all the connection parameters (check in http://hostname:50000/exchangeProfile/index.html).

If the parameters are all correct, try your uid/pwd using SAP Gui logon first to see whether it works

Also, and incorrect entry in profile parameter, the "Binding Host" parameter of "P4" should not be blank. Otherwise you will get an error "com.inqmy.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException".

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I tried logging in both of them but get the same error. In exchange Profile (Tree menu - Connections), the default for:

directory.httpport: 50000

directory.rmiport: 50004 and its the same for repository.

I tried setting 50000 in place of 50004 but it did not help.

And the userid/pwd works fine with SAP GUI login.

And I dont exactly find 'Binding Host' in the profile I'm looking at. I loaded the default profile suggested in XI3.0 Installation Guide.

Did I go wrong anywhere?

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

I have got the same problem recently and solved it the following way:

Go to SAPJ2ee engine --> instance no. --> tools --> configtool.

A screen pops up.In the left panel select the Dispatcher, drill down to Services and select P4.

Now in the right panel u will find binding host. Enter the value for the binding host as follows.

If u r using single NIC.

<ur IP address>:localhost:127.0.0.1:<servername>

for multiple NICs enter the value as follows

<IP address1>:<IP address2>: localhost:127.0.0.1:<servername>:<servername>

Now try connecting to IntDir or IntRep..

It should work now. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somendu,

I changed the setting as described by you. But I still face the same problem. When connecting to Repoistory or Directory it actually reports two errors.

1)SERVER_NOT_AVAILABLE

2)Cannot instantiate class: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

STACKTRACE:

Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Where are you located? Need more information on this. You may call @ +91 9893200877.

One request, whatever we will discuss, you will be putting that in this forum for further reference.

Regards,

Soumendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there any resolution to this problem? I'm having the same problem and would like to know how it was resolved.

Brian