cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 15.1: Modbus configuration/ setup

0 Kudos

We're setting up a pilot SAP MII/ PCo setup to see if this is something we can deploy at our manufacturing facilities for OEE reporting. We're planning on using RedLion's Data Station Plus HMI as middle-ware between PCo and our PLCs. RedLion DSP supports the modbus connection protocol over TCP. I've gone through the modbus configuration steps on online help here. According to the guide, when setting up PCo as the master, the settings for TCP connection (on the Modbus agent tab) should point to the PCO server itself, instead of the server where the HMI/ SCADA application is located. If this is the case, how does PCo know where to connect to? The HMI is located on a different server than the PCo installation, but within the same network. I don't see any other configuration spots (slave units tab, agent instance setup) where I would provide this information and this is very confusing to me. Does anyone have a more detailed configuration guide than what's available on SAP help? PCo 2.3 SP4 has a nice overview guide that provides details on other communication protocols but modbus was not supported at that time so no information there. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

In the example provided by online help, please just replace the localhost and port 502 with the IP address and port of the Modbus Slave device.

Best regards,

Emil

0 Kudos

Thanks Emil.

Answers (0)