cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH status not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EM system event handler is getting created from TM and EH status like Shipment End getting updated from ECC.

Currently we are facing issue is that event handler is getting created in EM system but when we update Shipment End status in ECC

then in EM ,EH status not getting updated.

I checked RFC and Que blocks and no issue found.

Also no application log.

What else needs to checked?

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Need more info. Is event getting getting posted in EM from ECC? Did you deactivate app logs? If not then no application log of /SAPTRX/ means data did not flow into EM.

If possible give relevant screen shots.

Thanks,

Vishnu

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishnu is correct. 1st check if the event made it to EM. Check table /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR if necessary. If it's there then we can suggest certain things to check like tracking ID and rule set. If it's not there then we suggest to check the RFC trace and event relevance function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can see EH in EM and it is getting created from TM.

Also I can see Shipment/tracking ID in Event Message Overdue List.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In table /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR I can see only one value which is updated from TM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You mean to say it is resolved now or still you are having an issue.  Could you elaborate?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GGOPII,

Still EH  is not getting updated from ECC to EM.

When I am updating Shipment Start Status in ECC then in EM event handler/tracking ID is not getting updated with Actual Reported date.It should update Shipment Start Date Event.

But I can see in the report /SAPTRX/EE_OVD_LIST  Expected Event overdue list, lots of records getting updated.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

That's the reason I asked you if EM is getting the event or not in my first post:) Based on your note, looks like Shipment event didn't make it to EM. Can you explain how you are generating the Shipment Start event in ECC and what objects you are using? There is no automatic way of sending the event unless you design ECC to send shipment start event to EM.

Please let us know your process and we can figure out why it's not happening.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The expected event of Shipment start is expecting to report but it couldn't make it, so it is appearing in over due list for event handler.

Go to SAP ECC and check first Shipment start event configured, if yes then check the event condition whether it has fulfill to flow into SAP EM.  May be event condition failed/not fulfilled or not configured to trigger properly.

Put the breakpoint in method and start debugging.  You can find out the rootcause.

BADI  Implementation Name -  /SAPTRX/LE_SHIPMENT Shipment Processing

Interface Name - IF_EX_BADI_LE_SHIPMENT

Implementation Class - /SAPTRX/CL_IM_LE_SHIPMENT

Method - BEFORE_UPDATE

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It's hard to help you without screenshots.

My advice, since you are not tracking shipments but you need shipment related info onto TM related Eventhandler, is to abandon standard badi which calls standard shipment BPT ESC_SHIPMT.

You really do not need it unless you are tracking ECC shipments. You might as well call BAPI directly to send the shipment event to  FO EH from Shipment badi, by implementing BADI_LE_SHIPMENT.

This is better for your performance.

Here is the flow if you need it:

ZBADI_LE_SHIPMENT -> /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02 -> EM EH. If interested, let me know and I can give more info. This process is also much simpler than going BPT route.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did our suggestions help solve your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes looks like some issue in Rule set.I have to update it.

Can you please tell me how to edit/update the ruleset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. Go to ruleset under Define Rule Sets -> click multitask activities -> select your Shipment create/end status -> click Tasks -> Add New Entries -> enter new Task -> select STATUS_SET in activity, assign previsions task and assign, Logic operator  =, Prev Ret. Code equal to blank, Assign Stat. Att. Name (you need to define new one if you don't have) and Assign Stat. Att. Value (you need to define new one if you don't have).

Vishnu also given screen shot to you on STATUS_SET.

Refer my previous discussion which I referred same ruleset multitask activity to check.

"Hi Ravi,

In that case, you have to set status in existing rule set when shipment end is completed.

Refer the config e-g OBP10_GI_SHIP how to set the status on your ruleset.

As I mentioned above, you need to configure Status Attribute Name and Status Attribute Value in IMG path, if the status is not created yet.

Regards

GGOPII"

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GGOPII,

Currently in EM system Shipment Start Date is getting reported from TM.

Now the requirement is that when in , ECC Shipment Start is posted then in EM, Shipment Start Date

should get posted under Reported Date/time.,

Don;t know what changes I have to make in ECC or in EM?

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you marked Gopi's response as correct, I assume you are using  /SAPTRX/LE_SHIPMENT. Is that right?

Let me know if that's true, based on that, I can tell you what changes you need to make to achieve this.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats correct.

And the requirement is that when in , ECC Shipment Start is posted then in EM, Shipment Start Date

should get posted under Reported Date/time.,

Currently this date is getting posted from TM.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. Go to SAP ECC and check SAP EM event type is configured for Shipment Start (Could you post screen shot if you can with masking client information?).

2. Go to SAP EM and check Shipment Start event is in Expected event, if yes, then could you post a screen shot of ruleset which has Shipment Start multitask activity.  We will guide you how to update/edit the Shipment start ruleset to set the status.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So from ECC, are you getting Shipment event to EM or not? Only way you can update the Reported Date/time is by sending the event from ECC to EM and at the same time update the status of EM.

Other way to update the Reported Date/time is from TM provided you have the ECC shipment date/time available on the TM document.

Post your BADI screen shot ( code ) and your EH and Tracking ids screen shot.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in ECC,  EM Event Type is configured under Define Business Procc Type/event type and is std SAP Config.

Here I could not able to See Shipment Start Event.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So from ECC, are you getting Shipment event to EM or not? Not getting

Only way you can update the Reported Date/time is by sending the event from ECC to EM: This is what I am looking for, earlier it was working and not sure what has been changed and now stopped working.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. Go to Business Process Type ESC_SHIPMT -> Application Obj.Type LTL_DELIV or TRA10_DELIV or TRA10_DELIV or TRA10_ROAD or TRA10_SEA or XXXXXX. Which standard one you are using?

2. Which event type you are seeing under Shipment for reported event?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are saying it was working earlier and now it is stop working.  If that's the case, you need to check event relevance condition in SAP ECC that may not be fulfilled or some recent changes which client made that would have impacted to stop working.  The best approach would be start debugging the BADI which I have given.

Could you please post screen shots to check otherwise?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You need to add the activity as shown in screen shot configured in your ruleset. Let me know if it's there or not and we can figure out what's going on. This activity will update the EH Status.

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi ,

I suggest you check the rule set thoroughly , the event handler status will be updated via rule set , there will be step which checks posting of particular event in event management eg .

If Event - " Shipment Departed" is Reported ,

If Yes  --> Change Event Handler Status to " Departed"

Check if your rule set has any such events or actions linked to updation of event handler status.

You can check the standard rule set for shipment scenario to understand the updation better.

Regards,

Arun Yesodharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rule Set is there but this is for to Update Status from EM to TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Shipment event status update happens through Status Attributes, Ruleset etc if you have configured in SAP Event Management.

1. Go to Tcode /SAPTRX/EH_LIST -> Check in Status Detail

2. If you don't find any, then go to event handler type of event handler in IMG -> Event Handlers-> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Define Event Handler Types and check Stat.Attr.Pro.

3. Go to IMG -> Event Handlers-> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data ->Statuses -> Define Status Attribute Profiles -> Check Shipment event status assigned here.

4. If yes, then take status profile item and value

5. Check in IMG -> Event Handlers-> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Define Rule Sets -> Multitask Activities -> check ruleset assigned to set the status for event handler for shipment end event.  Check rule condition ignores to set the shipment end status on any validation.

Check all these things and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see there is rule set which is to Update status in TM , but no rule set to Update status from ECC to EM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In that case, you have to set status in existing rule set when shipment end is completed.

Refer the config e-g OBP10_GI_SHIP how to set the status on your ruleset.

As I mentioned above, you need to configure Status Attribute Name and Status Attribute Value in IMG path, if the status is not created yet.

Regards

GGOPII