cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SFTP channel stops working intermittently

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are facing issues with the sender SFTP channel which is using standard SAP SFTP adapter configuration (http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP). The communication channel does not show any error but stops working intermittently, as we do not see any messages being updated in SAP ECC system.

The channel again starts picking up the messages after restart, but the issue is happening quite frequently. We need to restart the channel daily around 2-3 times and the same behaviour shows up after PI server restart as well. Please note that a timeout of 300000 ms has been maintained in the channel. Can someone please suggest on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One more additional information to be noted here is that the SFTP server that is being used in the sender channel is a Cloud SFTP server. Any suggestions if that could make any difference in the connectivity?

Also, as highlighted earlier that this is an intermittent issue and resolves soon after channel restart. But as we are facing this daily in our production environment, it is causing the delay in message delivery and updation in ECC system. One more concern is that, this issue is being faced only for a particular scenario's sender SFTP channel and all other SFTP channels are working fine.

I have gone through the SAP notes shared above in the replies, but before implementing them I am highlighting the above information (if that helps). Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anisha,

Cloud SFTP server doesn;t make any difference unless if the server is up and running properly all the time.

You can try implementing the notes provided in some other box other than production and see how the connetivity works.Then implement the same in prod box.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anisha,

Check for any locks in NWA and increase the timout parameter.

0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

Timeout parameter of 300 seconds is already maintained in the channel and the channel was previously working fine with this configuration. Also, I checked for the channel locks in NWA but no entries are there (the locks mostly happens in case of ADVANTCO SFTP adapter in our system).

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anisha,

Check this note-  1692819 - FAQ: PI SFTP Adapter

Might be latest patch could help you out.

Also check the the below point mentioned in the link I shared

Sender channel tab -> advanced -> set parameter "syncClusterMode" to "lock".

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

Check these sap notes is applicable to your system

2209496 - SFTP Sender Not Polling and does not give error

2238416 - Polling directory not properly specified

Regards,

Praveen.