cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation/Consumption of Non-BOM Components to SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I faced the issue in SAP ME when I add a non BOM Component with the as-built configuration activity from the POD that it can be added but no message can be seen in SAP MII.

The only message i can get by adding non-BOM components is the following error:

"BAPI CALL FAILED! Error in Goods Movement. Enter Storage Location.

In the material maintenance, the ERP production storage location for the test componnt is filled, but the ERP Putaway Storage Location is empty. When I fill the Putaway Storage Location with a storage location for the material, no message is sent to MII.

Therefore, I cannot see anything in ECC about the consumption of Non-BOM components out of SAP ME. Based on ME help, the component is not integrated in the Yield confirmation, therefore I am looking for anothe rmessage to send to MII/ECC to have the information in ECC about the consumption.

Thanks for any solution or advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Including GM into Yield Confirmation depends on how you executed SAPMEINT CTC: the respective checkbox is unselected by default and thus GM is included in Yield Confirmation.

Not sure if non-BOM components are supported, but you can try to specify SL for the Inventory ID which you assemble by means of As-Built Config. If SL is not there, the system should take it from the material but there might be an issue - so I would try SL at Inventory level first.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Just confirmed: this should be supported by design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I tested again to add the non-bom component with an Inventory ID. I also checked before that the Inventory ID has a storage location assigned.

I can successfully add the Non-Bom component, but in MII I can only see a Yield Confirmation which does not contain the information bout the non-Bom Component. Therefore still, also with Inventory ID, no information about the Component is sent to ECC (or MII).

Is there another message / confirmation to send this Non-BOM Component information to MII/ECC?

0 Kudos

Hi!

As I wrote above, "including GM into Yield Confirmation depends on how you executed SAPMEINT CTC". So, how did you execute CTC, with which option? If you did not selected the option intentionally, then it is unselected by default and thus GM should be included in Yield Confirmation, and if it is not, then it is a setup issue.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to

Transfer of Goods Movement Independent of Yield Confirmation - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) ...

The Component Assembly for As-Built Configuration is not included. Therefore I am not sure if there is a direct relation to the SAPMEINT CTC. General Goods Movement is included in SAP MEINT (bom-components for example) are consumed as planned. Unfortuanetly, I cannot check at the moment the field in the CTC, but as said other goods movements with 261, 311 are working fine. Just not the one triggered in As-Built Configuration.

Regards,

Milan

0 Kudos

The help page means that if you use componentAddRequest messages, then GM data is not duplicated in Yield Confirmation messages. At least, this was by design. But whether to use componentAddRequest or not is configured by the option in CTC task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details. Could you please check if you can send us the correct option within the CTC. We are checking with the basis team if the settings are correct for the Non-BOM components. It would help to know what to exactly review in the CTC - MEINT settings.

0 Kudos

Please check the respective section in SAP ME Installation Guide. The checkbox is right at the first screen of GUI of CTC task and called something like sending GM separately - so you will not pass by.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was now able to go into the system and check if the how the CTC is configured:

As you can see, both of the options have been ticked. These were the option you meant, right? The issue is still persistent so are there other operations or messages possible to send Non-Bom components consumption to SAP ECC? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi, Milan!

Once you are sending GM separately, the system should trigger componentAddRequest. If it does not, then your entire configuration needs to be examined by SAP Support team. Please submit a ticket against MFG-ME-INT component.

Regards,

Sergiy