Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPD_CUST Navigation Mode Behavior

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to open my custom SAPUI5 app in the Fiori Launchpad as a headerless window.  I have tried every "Navigation Mode" option in LPD_CUST, but it is leaving the header in place when the app is opened in both Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.  In Chrome, the header does not appear when the app is opened, like expected.  Does anyone have a suggestion in how to get this desired behavior in Internet Explorer?  Below are screenshots demonstrating the issue and settings:

Internet Explorer 11.0.30:

Google Chrome 49.0:

LPD_CUST:

Thanks for your help!

-Owen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Ideally we add headerless URL at the end : &sap-ushell-config=headerless

Irrespective of browsers it should work, if there are issues like chrome its working and IE not. Then please revisit your SAP UI5 library version and implement relevant notes to upgrade the library.

Regards,

Tejas

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree, that URL parameter would be ideal to add.  When I manually modify the url at runtime, adding that parameter, it does successfully remove the header.

So, how do I add that parameter to the LPD_CUST settings?  I can't add it manually to the URL itself, as that isn't working.

Thanks,

Owen

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

How you are launching your app ? from FLP or EP

if from Fiori Launchpad

may be you use the parameters section in Target Mapping in Launchpad designer.

if from EP

I think while creating the iView you can hard-code the header less url

Thanks,

Naga

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using the Fiori Launchpad.  I tried to add the parameter on the target mapping configuration, but it gives me an error saying the parameter name is in an invalid format:

I also tried to add the parameter to the tile configuration in the Fiori Launchpad Designer, like below, but it added the parameter to the very end of the URL, which does not work in this case: .../sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=400&sap-language=EN#ZEXLTESTDRIVERS-LOAD?&sap-ushell-config=headerless

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.  Surely someone else has run into this problem and found a solution.

Thanks,

Owen

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Uncheck the semantic object navigation and directly provide the url in the Target URL field. Sorry, I have not tried this but you can give a try

Thanks,

Naga

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

This would technically work, if the only goal was to not have the header show up on the app.  However, when you do this, you are bypassing many of the benefits of the Gateway Server and the Fiori Launchpad.  Plus, using a standalone URL instead of a semantic object means the app automatically opens up in a separate tab.  I want the app to be full integrated in the Fiori Launchpad, but just not have the header showing when it is open.

Thanks,

Owen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Any other suggestions on this?  We are going live with a custom Dashboard soon, and would like to save the screen space by having the app appear without the header in the dashboard.  Thanks!

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

These may help you. Is this issue is only with IE ?

Running an Application Standalone - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Thanks,

Naga

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

It is occurring in IE and Edge both, but IE is all we care about.  Do those settings at the bottom of LPD_CUST in the "Portal Parameters" section only apply to the app being viewed inside the SAP Enterprise Portal, not when using just the standalone Fiori Launchpad?