SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Data Management-Settlement Procedure

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new for Standard Settlement Procedures in EDM please.

Please guide whether we can use standard settlement procedure as given by SAP i.e. EXTANALYT for settlement of energy in EDM.

Actually i have seen everywhere that a Z Procedure and a z program usually gets created for this (considered for client requirement).

Requesting you, if anybody can provide any documentation for the standard settlement procedures.

We use Consumption Profiles (Synthetic Profile and Interval Profile for Consumers) and Injection Profiles (Interval Profiles) and Technical Loss as well as Resultant Profiles.

To use them, usually we create multiple installations (three installations- One for Injection Profile, Second for Consumption and third for Technical Loss and Resultant Profile) for the same Injection Point. (Is this a right practice?)

Please guide.

With Best Regards

MP Vashishth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahavir,

Please check standard SAP documentation for the same.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_08/helpdata/en/5d/961954b192024be10000000a44176d/content.htm?current...

Also Get some Expert help in designing the solution as it can get pretty complex.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahavir,

Please check standard SAP documentation for the same.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_08/helpdata/en/5d/961954b192024be10000000a44176d/content.htm?current...

Also Get some Expert help in designing the solution as it can get pretty complex.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I have already gone through that link please. But thanks for that please.

Kindly provide some more documentations if possible please.

With Best Regards

MP Vashishth

0 Kudos

Hi Mahavir,

The steps that Rakesh outlined are generally the way settlement procedures are created. Certainly that is the way I would do that.

So your first question is, can you use EXTANALYT? Well, its hard to say. It depends on your requirements and what energy quantities you are trying to settle. And how you are trying to calculate it.

Maybe you can check inside the program REEDMSETTLPROC_EXTANALYT to see what settlement steps are executed. And for all settlement procedures the program name typically begins with REEMSETTLPROC*.

However, that is not a good way and you are better off following that documentation given by Rakesh.

And to your last question with regards to multiple installations, again it depends on how the implementation matches reality. Typically, you would have only a single installation (single PoD in a deregulated environment) with one or more devices. Each device would have one or more registers where you could allocate a profile. Then your calculations would depend on the profile allocation roles you would apply.

Regards

Zane