Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with sequenced Sync calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement as below to deal with

Step 1: SAP HCM sends a basic data for a new employee to a 3rd party webservice. The webservice returns the status of the call back.

Step 2: If the first call was successful, HCM sends further set of data to another webservice. Again the webservice returns the status of the call.

This repeats for 5 sets of data for the employee.

SAP HCM might send this info using an idoc or proxy or RFC. My question is whether this kind of integration scenario is possible in SAP PI without using ccBPM or NW BPM or a file based scenario.

Regards,
Diptee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

If you use proxy in HCM side then you can do it with in the proxy program you call five different proxies on by one sequentially.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Will this work through PI? If yes, how many interfaces I will need to configure in PI?

Regards,

Diptee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

If all are five different web services and different structures then you need to define five different interfaces in PI.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

So I will have to create a Z report in HCM, and call each of the sync proxies in it. Further I will need to configure each of the scenarios as sync Proxy (SOAP) to sync SOAP in PI. Is this correct?

And in case there is a connection issue while connecting to the webserver, the Z report will dumpout in HCM, right?

Regards,

Diptee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

>>>So I will have to create a Z report in HCM, and call each of the sync proxies in it. Further I will need to configure each of the scenarios as sync Proxy (SOAP) to sync SOAP in PI. Is this correct?

Yes it will be synchronous SOAP(XI 3.0) to SOAP interface

>>>And in case there is a connection issue while connecting to the webserver, the Z report will dumpout in HCM, right?

If any connection problems you can retry 3 or 5 times from the program after that you can end the program, the next schedule of the program will try again. and you send a mail also if any error occurs.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen,

I will check on this and revert.

Regards,

Diptee