Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sender channel stops polling files from FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Scenario: File to File

The problem that one of the communication channels stops picking up files suddenly from the FTP server.But communication channels are in green state and functioning mode.

When I pinged the channel, it shows there are bunch of files that are readable, yet it does not pick them up.

When I restarted the channel, it picked all those files and processes successfully. Can't figure out a possible cause.

The PI version is 7.3 Dual stack, the adapter is the File Adapter, Protocol is FTP.

I checked in Java locks and these channels are not in lock state.

In channel we gave Data Connection as Passive and Timeout(secs): Empty

Connection type as Permanently.  So there no Timeout Problem.

Any clue on the root cause for this issue and also the way to avoid it from occurring again.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

You have to configure the timeout to resolve this problem.

1687688 - FTP sender channel stops polling

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for response.

we are using PI 7.3 SP 0012.

Here in my scenario we are using Connection mode as Permanent and timeout(secs) as Empty.

As this issue was resolved after restarting channel.but i need to know the reason why it occurred.

Thanks & Regards,

N.K

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

Check this sap note 849089 - File Adapter: FTP Timeout Handling

You are experiencing sporadic conectivity problems to the FTP server on the transport or network layer, which result in stalled TCP/IP connections and cause the FTP channel to hang indefinitely. If you are using an FTP receiver channel, the message processing within the Adapter Framework stops after that hanging receiver channel has received a certain amount of mesages depending on the number of configured worker threads for the Messaging System.

Generally if you dont configure the timeout if you have any connectivity problems then channel will wait for infinite time to get the connection and the channels are hang, when you restart the channel then the channels will be released and process normally, to avoid this you need to configure the time out in the channel.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Viswanath,

It occurs when ur channel is not able to connect to the FTP server as Praveen suggested.

So if you increase the timeout parameter this can be avoided.

You can refer the below SAP link as well

Setting a Channel-Specific Timeout - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanath,

I am also got the same issue.Need to Refresh The Cache .

Actually after some time it will work normally without any changes.

Thanks

Kavitha