cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch status is different than HU status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem:

HU status is unrestricted use (checked in HUMO) but batch appears in Quality Inspection (checked in MB52)

History:

One batch with 120 pieces was produced and every 40 pieces have its own HU.

SAP saved 3 different HUs with one batch. Two of them were shipped but one HU remains into the stock.

Actions:

Normal quality approval process is impossible because of HU has not quality status.

VLMOVE reported error "Deficit of BA Unrestricted-use 40 PC" with movement type 322

MIGO reported error "Change the inspection stock of material XXX in QM only"

MSC2N was tried but without success.

Question:

How to change batch status to Unrestricted?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biliana,

Please confirm what is the UD status for the inspection lot for batch, which has produced 120 PC. Please share the screenshot.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you for your efforts to reply me.

Status of Inspection Lot is 'UD   ICCO SPST PRII STUP' and you can see the meaning of these abbreviations on Pic2.

Thinking of this task may be the right question is not 'How to change batch status to Unrestricted' but 'How to change HU status to Quality'.

To fix the problem I suppose that HU status should be changed to Quality Inspection and then user can apply standard quality approval method and batch will be with Unrestricted status.

Pic1

Pic2

Best regards.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biliana,

From the Inspection lot system status, it seems it has the status "SPST" and not "SPCO". This means, though the stock posting to unrestricted use has started during UD, but it has not been completed yet. Hence the stock under 'quality' may not have been cleared yet.

For more details, please can you can check in MMBE and see if stock for material F0670854R00, batch 1608802162 in plant 2011 is lying there under "Quality" stock or not. Paralelly, you can also try to check the report QVM2 and see if there is any outstanding quantities remaining to be cleared.

If 40 PC is still lying under 'Quality' stock, then I think you need to run the SAP Note 48815 to move this 'hold' stock form Quality to Unrestricted use.

Also while searching further, I got this thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1142649 where Shyamal suggested to check the below notes related to HU for similar issues -

1. Note 312799 - Sevral incoming insp. lots to process order for batch record

2. Note 622758 - Stock posting cannot be completed (HU)

3. Note 369946 - Error in quantity posting for 04 lots with HUM

4. Note 532946 - HU lots: Status SPST f.stock proposal in usage decision code

I think Note 4 should be tried for your case too. Please provide your feedback for further analysis.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you for your detailed and informative reply.

I read it carefully and followed notes mentioned by you.

Unfortunately I cannot give you adequate feedback. Because of priority this problem was fixed by QM consultant today. He changed HU status to quality directly in SAP table and QM user approved the material as usual way and now batch is unrestricted. Generally it is illegal solution.

Have a wonderful day.