cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock details in product view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to keep track of changes to the stock for a product & location combination. i can look at the stock in the product view but couldn't find more details such as last changed by, last changed on etc.

can you provide details where i can find those details on the screen or even an FM would do.

Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In v5.0 you can view changes made to certain master data such as:

If you activate change logging, the system writes change documents when changes are made to master data. You can display the change documents and thus keep track of how a master data object was changed at certain points in time.

In the standard system, change logging is not active.

Change logging can impair performance. We recommend not activating it if large volumes of data are anticipated. This is particularly so in the case of the initial transfer of data from SAP R/3.

Change documents are not deleted automatically even if the relevant master data object (such as a location) is deleted. Report RSCDOK99 is available for the deletion of change documents.

Prerequisites

You have activated change logging fort he desired master data object type. Activation takes place in Customizing for the relevant master data object type (location, product, transportation lane, or quota arrangement) under Activate Change Documents. You can activate certain subobject types (such as the header data, mapping information, or location description for the location) separately for each object type.

Features

You can use change logging for the following master data object types:

Product

Transportation lane

Quota arrangement

Activities

Choose Display Change Documents under the relevant master data object in the SAP menu and select the change documents you wish to see.

Ken Snyder

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumar.

I agree with harish. The change records in APO will only capture changes to the master data. Stock movements are executed in R3 and are recorded there in the material documents.

MB51 in R3 will give you a list of goods movements, when, where, who, etc.

Chrs, M

Former Member
0 Kudos

maaybe you should look at this in R3 where it comes from....

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of SCM are you on?

On later versions (certainly 5.0 onwards) you can activate change documents for the product master and then view changes through transaction /sapapo/prod_cd_read.