Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex queries not rendering properly

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have implemented bex queries using Bex analyzer iviews in portal. We are maintaining Document mode as Edge(Standards).

With this, bex queries are note rendering properly. The problem is for any bex report accessed from portal, in the filter screen,text in one column is overlapping on the next column.

When I pressed F12,it was Edge mode and when we try to change it to 5(quirks) the problem goes off i.e the reports are displaying properly.

Also we tried to maintain properties of the iview like Display in separate headerless portal window (standards) mode and the Document rendering mode property to standards,but none worked.

In some blogs in scn and in SAP note 2012705,I came across to check the support package and patch levels which are all maintained the same.

Don't know where the problem lies.

Render some help on this to resolve.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Even after creating changing the document mode value to IE=5 in the document mode iview and assigning it to the page,this value is not reflecting.

When i press F12 and see the value of document mode under emulation tab,it is still

Edge.

This value is coming from the framework page. The framework page has the browser document mode iview whose property is set to
IE=Edge.

Is there any possibility to independently have the document mode value as 5 for BW reports alone and Edge value for UI5 applications alone?

If anything please suggest.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Can you please change the property "Launch in New window" for that iview to "Display in Separate Headerless Portal Window" and check if you have the patches applied in your portal as per the below Note or not

1814711 - SAP applications iViews in EP: Rendering Modes

If you have the patches, you will have one parameter as "Hand Over Browser Document Mode parameter" change the value to False (by default its value is: 'true').

If the patches are not there then enter the following value in the Application Parameters property: sap-ie=EmulateIE8. This will force the application to render in Quirks mode.

Hoping either of the solution will work in your case.

Regards

Santarshi Samanta

Follow Santarshi Samanta

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samanta,

I followed the steps you told.

Changed the hand over property to false and changed the launch property to Display in separate headerless portal window also I tried with  all the available values for that property.

No success.

Please help me.

thanks

Deepak

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As per SAP Note: 1900896 the BEx Web Analyzer does not support Standards/EDGE rendering. As Santarshi confirms you must use a Quirks navigation mode (e.g NavMode=3) to operate the BEx Analyzer iview under a Standards framework portal.

Best regards,

Nick

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

I understand your point but how do I do that?

How can I access my bex analyzer iviews from standards portal framework page?

Is there any property in the bex iview that needs to be changed?

I have already changed the Hand over document mode paramater and launch property as mentioned by Samanta.

Guide on this.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

I followed the steps mentioned by you.

1) created a page and assigned the browser document mode iview to the page and set its value to IE=5.

2) Assigned the bex query to the page.

3) assigned the page to a role.

Same problem persists.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

As per my understanding the issue you are facing is due to the rendering issue faced with Internet Explorer.

According to your description you are forcing the application to render in Standards Mode, but when you change it to 5, it starts behaving in quirks and renders the report correctly.

So you are forcing the document to a open up in a wrong rendering mode. Actually the reports requires quirks mode of rendering.

Can you please refer to the below SCN document and carry each of the steps given in it.

9 Steps to Solve Portal Rendering Issues in IE

Mostly the above document will solve the issue you are facing.

Regards

Santarshi Samanta

Follow Santarshi Samanta

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samanta,

We have followed all the steps mentioned in that link.

We have implemented Standards mode(IE=Edge) value since it supports UI5 application.But the BW reports (bex queries) are not working properly in Standards mode. This is the problem.

As per our requirement we are going to use Edge i.e standards mode only.

Suggest some resolution on this scenario.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced similar type of issue.

please read the below note. Hope this problem will solve.

1918315 - BICS v25 for NW 7.30+, Design Studio, Analysis Office & BI Platform

Thanks

Patrick

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

As per this note, we have higher version of support package itself.

We have Enterprise portal 7.4,Support package 11, patch 0.

Any other stuffs?

Thanks

Deepak

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deeapk ,

To resolve this issue follow below mentioned steps.

1. Create one Page in Portal

2.Add browser document mode iview in that and set the browser document mode to IE=5.

3.Add your Bex report iview.

4. Assign that page to role.

Hope this solution will help.

In case of any issue let me know

Regards,
Meghal Shah

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

Thanks for your reply. We already have a framework page with the browser document mode iview value set to IE = Edge which is a requirement for us.

We are going to use Edge mode only since UI5 applications from portal are supported by this mode only.

We are not going to change to IE=5,suggest if something could be done positively in this scenario.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Just apply my suggestion to your bex role only. I think this will not hamper to rendering of UI5 Applications.

Regards,

Meghal shah