cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RESTful Web Services SDK for login into AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have the following scenario. The Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BIP) is installed based on Tomcat. We have several applications running on BIP consuming BEx queries from SAP BW AS ABAP. The BIP is connected with SAP BW AS ABAP via SSO that means the users can logon to BIP via their SAP logon credentials. Now we want to consume some AS ABAP Webservices from a SICF node. This is done for instance in Design Studio using some JavaScript to call the URL from the AS ABAP of the SAP BW. However, the user has to login again, despite the fact that the user already has been logged in with the SAP logon credentials. I thought that we can use the RESTful Web Services SDK in order to retrieve from the Security Token Service (STS) a SAP Logon Ticket in order to login into AS ABAP.

I have now a logon token as the X-SAP-LogonToken attribute as described in “4.3.2  To get a logon token from a serialized session or session token” of the Business Intelligence platform RESTful Web Service Developer Guide 4.2.

However, I ask myself now if I can use this X-SAP-LogonToken somehow to login into the AS ABAP given the fact that the user already have been logged in using the SAP logon credentias of the AS ABAP. Does anyone know if this can work? And if yes, can you please give me any input?

If this does not work, then I’m also appreciate any other solutions proposals.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Cheers,
Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe trusted authentication from BIP RESTful webservice could help?

Anthony

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

As BIP and AS ABAP are two different systems with their own way to deal with session management, you can not use X-SAP-LogonToken to login to AS ABAP.

Regards,

Anthony