cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I record 'disconnect session' actions as audit log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to keep logon and logoff actions of users in HANA DB 1.0 Rev 10.2 security audit log, both successful and unsuccessful attempts.

According to SAP_HANA_Security_Guide_en.pdf, I defined a new audit policy.

CREATE AUDIT POLICY xxxxxx AUDITING ALL CONNECT,DISCONNECT SESSION LEVEL info

The outcome was a little bit different from my expectation.

CONNECT is ok, all of actions are successfully logged even unsuccessful attenpts as well.

But DISCONNECT SESSION, for example 'exit' or '/q' command in hdbsql, is not logged at all.

Kindly give your advice, how can I make it on my HANA DB?

with kind regards,

Naoto Mochizuki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naoto,

DISCONNECT SESSION action logs when someone disconnects a session using following SQL either from hdbsql or studio.

ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION '<CONNECTION ID>' ;

It logs the client IP and application user name. Its useful when one critical session gets disconnected and someone needs to find out who disconnected the session. I don't think any of the audit policy records time of log off from studio.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Thank you.

But most of cases users don't use ALTER SYSTEM statement when they finish their sessions.

They usually finish sessions by 'Exit' or /q.

If HANA audit log doesn't catch such such closure operations, I think the audit log functionality is weak because major part of session closure is not logged.....

Regards,

Naoto

suresh_devarajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Naoto,

I am seeing the same behavior in 11.2 also. You may want to report to SAP on this. Could be a bug.

Thanks,

Suresh