cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Public Folders and My Favorites CUID using Restful API call?

0 Kudos

How to get the Public Folders and My Favorites CUID/ID using Restful API call?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Public folders is

GET   /biprws/infostore/Root%20Folder    or   /biprws/infostore/23

Some special folders can be queried by name or Kind but I cannot remember if Favorites is a kind.

I think the parent folder for favorites is 16, so as an admin, you can use the following:

GET /biprws/infostore/16/children

This won't work as a non-admin, but it may give hints in the <link> elements if there is a navigation url that uses the name.  I don't have access to a system right now to check.

Dan

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dan

Favorites folders have indeed a dedicated kind: "FavoritesFolders".

eric

0 Kudos

Dan,

I am able to get the Public Folder id based on the "Root Folder". But I am not able to get the Favorite Folder Id. Do you have any other thoughts to get it?

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraman,

try:   GET  ../biprws/infostore/User%20Folders/children

Dan

0 Kudos

Thanks Dan. ./biprws/infostore/user%20Folders/children returning all the users in the system

Since we have lot of users in the system will impact the performance. Is there a way to filter for specific user?

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraman,

I can't think of any way to filter the results. You can limit the number of results returned in one call using ?pageSize=xx on the URL.  Otherwise you would need a custom query that you could pass.  Custom queries are only available in the BI4.2 Restful web services.

Dan

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sivaraman,

In BI4.2, the call "GET http://<baseURL>/users/<SI_ID>" returns useful information about the user whose id is SI_ID, including its favoritesFolderID.

eric

Answers (0)