cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Operator - Create_Timeperiods

marc_laberge
Participant

Hi, I'm trying to create time periods in one KF.

It does not work at all, I'm not sure what I'm missing.

It is defined liked this:

Here is the configuration of my Copy Operator:

Here is my result:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

The parameter CREATE_TIMEPERIODS only fills in missing periods, but it can not create complete new combination. Example: You have initialized already January, and now you want to fill up with Feb to December.

Than you set up the required horizon and no source but only a target key figure, and the parameter will fill the remaining periods

But if you have not created any combination for the one product yet, how shall the system know which combination you want to create new?

There are a couple of possibilities to create the very initial planning object.

One could be for example you load on the most detailed level some sales order or any other value. Than you have a calculated key figure that is able to compute the new combination on aggregated level by some sum-calculation via a calculated key figure, which than should serve as source key figure. In this case you should make sure you have an IF-clause to check that you dont overwrite an already existing real value in your target, if you run the copy operator for all products.

You would need to do that only for one key figure per planning level

Another annoying way woud be to load a key figure or create it manually, but that usually get along with a lot of manual work.

One third option would be to make a download from your master data via HCI from one or more master data type, combine the files / tables as you need for your target planning level. From that computed file you upload via HCI and fill some dummy value into a dummy key figure. This dummy key figure would only need to be loaded into one period, potentially the current period. And from there you have your starting point for all the other key figures of your planning level

But be aware that this could easily lead into far too many created combinations, if you dont provide proper selection criteria and just load all existig master data from ECC into IBP.

You could for example have some attribute in which you make a certain entry when you want to create planning combination for the underlying objects automatically.

This third option is most effort in realization, but most automated and leads to least issues for the users. If I remember my first GoLive , issues with missing initialization was the second most often errors and we spent a lot of time solving the issues afterwards. So it is worth making some HCI load, you will save the time you spend later in production usage.

SAP is aware that initialization is a challenge and work on a concept.

Yours, Irmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

As per the log, it seems like operator didn't find any missing time period. Can you check if you are able to load this key figure across entire time bucket in excel UI(even with null value). If yes, then there are no missing time period which need to be initialized by the operator.

Thanks,

Rohit

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You should also check if you have already an initialized combination for any KF on the same planning level.  If not, CREATE_TIMEPERIODS would need a Source KF.

Regards

Alecsandra

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I need at least one KF in my planning level to initialize the combination.

Only way to do this is to load value in one period from flat file ?

Thanks,

Marc

P.S.: Thanks Rohit, but I have nothing in Excel in that KF (no data at all).

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Or by using New Planning Object button from excel.