cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC XML conversion for decimal values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with RFC XML conversion for decimal values.

Whenever a value with integer part equals zero is sent from R/3 (for example, <VALUE>0.40</VALUE>), the RFC XML conversion removes the left zero, and the XML that we see in Adapter Engine has <VALUE>.40</VALUE>.

I think this conversion is done at JCo level, so I don't know if it is possible to debug it. Has anyone faced/solved this problem before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I'm encountering the same problem and I'm using 7.1 SP06. Did you find any answer to this? There are tons of workaround but I just want to know if this is a known issue.

Thank you.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, never got a definite answer.

Did you try to open an OSS message?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel for this problem.

It does seem related to JCo conversion routines, so I'll just hope that it's solved for PI 7.1.

Best regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

henrique

how abt having this VALUE field as a char field? is it against ur req?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Prabhu,

unfortunately it is because there are like 100 fields in the same condition and all of them are read from and sent through standard decimal data types.

Also, this RFC is a standard one delivered by SAP AG and thus we can't just change it.

Regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u getting the same format when testing the rfc in se37?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Prabhu,

as I said, the problem is really in RFC XML conversion, because I have debugged the RFC in R/3. I set the breakpoint right before the CALL FUNCTION statement and there the fields had the left zero (VALUE = 0.40). Then in adapter engine they are already as ".40".

That is why I said I think it occurs at JCo level.

Regards,

Henrique.