cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using NWBC version 5.0 it appears that a new connection is opened with each tab and not a window in the existing session.

Is there a reason for the change, it is annoying to have to end each session thought the pop up.

Any suggestions, is there a setting I can change to have the windows work like 4.18?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vickie,

Before you write an OSS ticket, there is one possibility: Has someone changed the following variable:

"Set the Behavior of SAP GUI Sessions"

<OpenNewGuiSessionInNewWindow>

"A new session can be opened in a new tab or a window. By default, new sessions are opened in a new tab. To ensure that new sessions are opened in a new shell window, set this parameter to true".

See the docu for more details:

Administrator Configuration Tips - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Best wishes Julei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie, I did check that and I still get the log off pop-up...I have

attached a screen shot of the message and my settings.  It does not seem to matter if it is a standard t-code or custom

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vickie,

Hmmm, now I see the screenshot, this looks more like a problem with authentication or identity management. For this reason, you can certainly leave this thread here, in case someone else has had a similar problem.

However, I suspect that, to solve this, Support will have to log on to your system and take a look.

So your best option is to create an OSS ticket.

I am sorry I was not able to help.

Best wishes,

Julie.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vickie, This should not be happening. Tbh, I have never experienced this; nor I have ever heard this from another customer.

What application types are you trying to open - ie does the problem still occur if you open a standard

SAP GUI transaction?

If so, can you please open an OSS ticket under BC-FES-BUS-DSK?

This behavior should not have changed between 4.0 and 5.0.

Best wishes

Julie  R Plumme.