cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Orders Approved from Fiori don't update in backend

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing a problem in the production system where FIORI app is setup for Purchase Order Approval and Tracking. A month ago we detected that users who usually approve orders through FIORI don't release the purchase order in SAP Backend.

Here I detail the analisys performed:

Gateway Error Log shows a backend error, no authorization for a release process.

This is the error Context:

@3T\QCollapse                                @.ERROR_CONTEXT
..ERROR_INFONo authorization for a release process
@3T\QCollapse                                @..ERROR_RESOLUTION
...SAP_NOTESee SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis
...LINK_TO_SAP_NOTEhttps://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736
@3T\QCollapse                                @..SERVICE_INFO
...NAMESPACE/SAP/
...SERVICE_NAMEGBAPP_POAPPROVAL
...VERSION0001
...SYSTEM_ALIASPRDCLNT500
...DESTINATIONNONE
@3T\QCollapse                                @..SYSTEM_INFO
...REQUEST_ID005056931E601ED681B2F1B3B77B70B9
...REQUEST_URI/sap/opu/odata/SAP/GBAPP_POAPPROVAL;mo/ApplyDecision?sap-client=500&SAP__Origin=%27LOCAL%27&WorkitemID=%27000000020942%2
...REMOTE_ADDRESS127.0.0.1
...APPLICATION_SERVERerpprdas_PRD_01
...HUB_VERSION_INFOSystem PRD/500, NW Release 7.40, SAP_GWFND SP10, Internal GWFND Version 011
...BACKEND_VERSION_INFOSystem PRD/500, NW Release 7.40, SAP_GWFND SP10, Internal GWBEP Version 011

In the backend monitor I see the following in the  Application Log:

I've tried a Replay from SAP Netweaver Application Log for the HTTP POST, but it didn't help either, it returned same information about the lack of authorization for the release process.

Then I switched on the system trace to get more details on, because I got confused with the error message I see in the Gateway Log where it says the user has no authorization for a release process but in the GW App Log the error is: "The Data Service Request could not be understood due to malformed syntax".

The trace analysis didn't show any authorization error, but what I found at the exactly error time is this kernel error:

15:58:20,365 BUFF          7 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.522 Buffer: I SearchString SAP.DATAPROVIDER.1              3E

15:58:20,365 BUFF          1 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.523 Buffer: I SearchString

15:58:20,365 BUFF          1 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.528 Buffer: I SearchString

15:58:20,365 BUFF          3 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.544 Buffer: I SearchString SAP.DATAPROVIDER.1              3E

15:58:20,365 BUFF          1 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.545 Buffer: I SearchString

15:58:20,365 BUFF          1 TOLE             Prog: SAPLOLEA Row: 1.550 Buffer: I SearchString

15:58:20,365 CMOD            rscpLengthOfBasi Parameter:

15:58:20,365 CMOD            GetCPInfo        Parameter:

15:58:20,365 CMOD            rscpKindiOfCP    Parameter:

15:58:20,365 CMOD            GetCPInfo        Parameter:

15:58:20,365 User            @(#) $Id: //bas/ Row: 2.359  Comment: rscpe__error 32 at rscpu86r.c(13;213) "dest buffer overflow" (,)

15:58:20,365 User            @(#) $Id: //bas/ Row: 2.359  Comment: rscpe__error 32 at rscpc   (20;12369) "convert output buffer over

Any idea what is the reason or which buffer refers the overflow?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

HI Alejandro If the PO is released but the workitem is not completed it sounds like this is a workflow problem, rather than a Fiori problem. Suggest you check both the workflow log & the event log to see what is happening when the PO is released.. Might be a sequencing issue or a deadlock race.

Folks in the Business Workflow forum can help with that if you need it.

Rgds

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I appreciate your suggestions. We agree that this is a workflow problem rather than a FIORI's one.

Is it possible to move this thread to the Business Workflow forum?

In the meanwhile I'll check the workflow and event log.

Thanks

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I'd suggest you create a new discussion in the Business Workflow forum - focusing on the workflow part of the problem, and include a link to this thread.

Otherwise it might be a bit confusing for those trying to answer.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

Hello Jocelyn,

I've created the new discussion as you suggested. I did it wrong before and later the post was rejected.

This is the link to the new one:

Thanks everyone for your time and help.

Regards

Ale

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182874
Active Contributor

Hi Alejandro,

Good analysis, few questions :

1. What does su53 in your backend(ecc) system say (generally s_rfc, s_rfcacl and s_develop auth objects is required)

2. are managers able to release the purchase orders from SAP Inbox ? (ideally it goes to me29n for release) If you are able to release here, you shd then check for odata or ui specific error

3. if above are correct, check for S notes for any program error. Provide your odata and ui components sp versions.

4. Thoroughly check for auth errors in both gw and backend.

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos

Thanks both for your replies. I know that error description gives the idea of authorization problem, but I activated a trace with ST01 and no authorization error came up.

We have advanced in the analysis and now we have a different approach of the problem. This is what we found.

We believe that the problem is not related to FIORI, but instead with workflow and this is why:

- We saw in TX SWI1 that there were workitems with status "READY" linked to Purchase Orders already released. The correct status should be "COMPLETED". We confirmed this doing a few tests in the our test system.

Those workitems with status "READY" are showed in FIORI as Purchase Orders awaiting for release. So when the user tries to release it, he gets an error (this is what is showed in the Gateway error log as "The user has no authorization for a release process"). The real source of this error is the Purchase Order is already released, we checked it in backend, but we cannot find what was the reason that the workflow didn't update the status to "COMPLETED" when the PO was released at all.

The folowing images is an example of many Purchase Orders with the status "READY" but they are already released:

So, to prove the what we think, we changed the release status for the purchase order in SM29n in order to have it pending for release again.

After that we approved it in backend again and we could see that the status in SWI1 updated to "COMPLETED" and in FIORI disappear from the purchase orders list for approval.

We were not able till now to reproduce error. Any suggestion?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

You can find the user who released the PO and get information how the PO was released, by MM transaction? by SBWP? by Fiori ? Test the same step to reproduce the error.

If you can't reproduce error, there is no easy way to finding the root cause.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally , this type of authorization should be checked in backend for "s_service" . Check if something fails in backend system for s_service. Or release strategy is maintained so that the po is released

0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Yes, I can confirm that the user released the PO by tx ME28. This is the header changes:

We believe this is caused by a workflow issue and it has impact in FIORI because of the wrong workitem status.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the user have necessary authorizations for releasing purchase orders in the back end ERP system? Have you checked in the SU53 transaction in the back end system if there are any errors pertaining to missing authorizations for release process? This looks more like an authorization issue rather than an issue with the Fiori app itself.

Regards,

Saurabh