cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License checks on Project to Project Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GTS Community,

We have a requirement to perform License Determination in GTS for Transfer Posting from Project to Project.

Business Scenario - Controlled Products are moved from one project stock to other within the same plant. This is achieved by a transfer posting via MIGO transaction with movement type 415.

Compliance Requirement - To check using GTS whether the receiving Project is authorised within the License for receiving the controlled products and possibly assign the license to the transaction. 

Issue - As we know GTS doesn't allow Compliance Management processes to be triggered for the Movement Types (MM0C), we can't perform License Determination on Project to Project transfer which is performed via movement type 415 (as stated above). There are no preceding processes like Purchase Orders etc. that exist for Project to Project transfer as that is not a part of Standard Solution and hence can't use that option either.

Project is however one of the attributes at License Type level which can be activated using Config. Licenses can then be created with Project Numbers maintained as attributes. For standard Sales Processes (e.g. selling controlled products to Customers under a Project), system is capable of determining a license for a specific Project.

However when it comes to Project to Project transfer which is not integrated with GTS, how can we introduce license determination?

Has anyone come across this scenario before? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Shobhit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

I had a similar requirement in the past for one of my customer where he wanted to have Compliance checks when moving goods between 2 storage locations with movement 311. Reason was that in ECC, from an IT perspective, the storage location were setup to monitor stock which is physically located in different countries.

We could achieve this requirement but with heavy use of BADIs and enhancements.

Regards.

Mouaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

GTS as we know creates a Customs Document and then performs all the Compliance Checks on these. This is applicable for MM0A and MM0B. But for MM0C there is no interface in standard solution and hence no Customs Document is created.

Are you saying via BADIs and Enhancement we should attempt to develop this interface and create Customs Document in GTS first and then automatically license determination will happen? Or do you mean we can develop a lighter version of this interface to achieve the objective?

Thanks,

Shobhit.

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes indeed, part of the solution was to create a fake MM0A/MM0B document in order to have the Compliance checks performed on it.

If I remember well, we used the standard MM0A/MM0B plug-in FM that we called from a MM0C BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I understand what you are saying.

However as Customs/Risk Management is not a part of the solution, we will not activate MM0C for any of the movement types. In the absence of that I don't think MM0C BADI will be called at all.

So we may have to select another position within the code/application to call the MM0A/MM0B FM. May be we use a BADI within the Transfer Posting Application (MIGO transaction) and call MM0A FM to create Customs Document in GTS (if feasible). If we are successful in creating the Document in GTS and perform License checks, then based on response message of FM we can stop the transfer posting. Requirement is to check whether project to project transfer is covered under an existing license. If not, then stop the transaction until license is sorted out.

This is something we'll have to try and see if it works.

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

Not sure you need to activate Customs/Risk management.

I believe you just need to activate the MM0C plug-in (ECC SPRO Technical Activation of Document Transfer) and then you have access to user-exit SLL_LEG_CDPIR3_001 and BADI /SAPSLL/CTRL_MM0C_R3 to add your own code. Worth checking in a sandbox...

Otherwise, as you said, you can try to find a BADI called during MIGO to implement this piece of code...

Hope this helps.

Mouaz

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I don't have any ideas on how to solve your problem, but as far as I know, the "Projects" in GTS are simply codes that you set up in a Code List, and nothing at all to do with Project Management in SAP ERP.

I hope others can provide some ideas on triggering Compliance checks for your internal movement.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yes you are right in saying that SAP GTS doesn't actually integrate with Project Systems module in ERP. So that means information related to Projects can't be directly passed onto GTS. But may be we can indirectly achieve this License check based on Projects.

GTS Documentation on Maintaining Projects says that after creating Projects within GTS, you can link the Logistics Documents to these Projects using a BADI /SAPSLL/IF_EXTEND_CON_CDOC. Although the purpose is purely for reporting i.e. to see which logistics documents have been created under a Project, however the fact that these Projects are attributes within the license, we can may be perform license determination based on these.

Logistics documents in ERP will include Project Number and these can then be mapped to GTS Projects via BADI, Projects can be added to Licenses and then License Determination can be performed. This is just a thought at the moment but will have to be tested for feasibility.

Thanks,

Shobhit.