SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving process documents (pdocs)

christoph_hermanns
Participant

Dear experts,

I was able to succesfully write switch documents into an archive file using the archiving object ISU_SWTDOC. When trying to do the same with process documents I am not able to open the archived documents afterwards (message /IDXGC/PROCESS 020). Both transaction ESWTMON01 and Transaction /IDXGC/PDOC_MON01 offer a button (Ctrl-F1) to access the archive by using archiving object ISU_SWTDOC. Having a closer look at ISU_SWTDOC you can see, that for example table /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR ist not part of the archiving object... Does anybody have experience with archiving process documents? Do I have to use another archiving object? Do I habe to create my own archiving objekt based on ISU_SWTDOC?

Best regards,

Christoph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mohammedmuzammil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hermanns,

Can you please use the transaction DB15 to identify the archiving object for /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR. We have not implemented the IDEX package in our project so I do not have access to the table   /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR.

However, I have shown the DB15 example for the VBAK table below.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

With Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mohammedmuzammil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hermanns,

Can you please use the transaction DB15 to identify the archiving object for /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR. We have not implemented the IDEX package in our project so I do not have access to the table   /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR.

However, I have shown the DB15 example for the VBAK table below.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

With Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

thank you for the answer. The table /IDXGC/PROC_HDR (not /IDXGC/PDOC_HDR as mentioned in my first post) is not part of an archiving object so far.

Best regards,

Christoph.

0 Kudos

Hello Hermanns,

Honestly speaking here, I have not worked on the process documents so far. So I do not know how the design is all about and how it is linked to the switch documents and this knowledge is very crucial in deciding if we can go for the custom archiving object.

However, I can give you some hints to progress.

1. Take a look at the transaction AOBJ for the archiving object ISU_SWTDOC.

The WRITE and DELETE programs have the enhancement spot ISU_IDE_SWTDOC_ADDDATA. Please check if this can be utilized.

2. If option 1 does not work, then we need to carefully design a custom archiving object considering all the linked tables of /IDXGC/PROC_HDR.

Hope this gives some insight for you to proceed further.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Also, it is worth investigating as to why there is no standard archiving object provided by SAP

christoph_hermanns
Participant

Hello,

as also suggested by Mohammed, I finally contacted SAP. Generally speaking, there is a lack of documentation. First step towards a corret solution is the activation of /IDXGC/BADI_PDOC_ADDDATA_ARCH of BAdI ISU_IDE_SWT_ARCH_ADDDATA. Remaining problem is that archived process documents are still opend in ESWTMON01 instead of /IDXGC/PDOCMON01. I assume that this is also another customizing issue.

Best regards,

Christoph.