Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weight is not triggering from route for shipment

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

when i create a shipment and place a route  the weight is triggered from route , if i modify new route the new weight is not trigged in shipment

Regards

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please elaborate your issue, add screenshots if needed, the weight will not come from a route, the weight is coming from deliveries. your probably talk about the "allowed total weight" , don't you?

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah i am talking about allowed total weight in shipment vt01n

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the allowed total weight in the new route bigger or smaller than the allowed total weight of the old route?

It is only copied to the shipment if it less than the old value. see OSS note 376857 - Adopt allowed total weight from route

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

new route total weight  is higher than the older weight

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was talking about the allowed weight.

If you had the same field in mind then you have your answer, it is only updated if it less

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks jurgen but why system is configured like that because , if it is allowing lesser weight , it can allow greater weight also

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the old "allowed total weight" is smaller than the "allowed total weight" of the new route then your carrier will not have any legal problem when driving this route.

I am as well the opinion that it would cause less confusion if SAP would just update the info consistently, but it is their design, we probably wont be able to change this as a new design would confuse all those customers who were happy with the old design.

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

But i feel these note suggest , it can be made manually by entering a higher weight

456864 - Higher allowed total weight than allowed in route

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this note adds a warning message to the program that gives a warning when the allowed total weight is manually entered and is bigger than in the corresponding route.

So, yes you can enter the allowed weight manually, but you should think if you really want maintain a higher allowed weight in the shipment than you have in its route. 

Answers (0)