cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Stock in interim storage types

Former Member

Dear Experts,

We receive goods via door and then stage at Gr-zone.

Stock  is in negative in 9030 storage type but in ECC there is no stock for same product and batch number !

Storage type setting of 9030 is fine I.e -ve stock setting is set to not allowed.

How to clear the -ve stock lying in 9030 storage type ? And how we can trace out why system is posting -ve stock in 9030 storage type.

Pls help me to close this issue.

regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

You need to find a positive qty stock and move it onto this storage bin. If they match, they will negate each other.

For your next question, negative stock is allowed at LIME section, SCM Basis. Goto: IMG: SCM Extended Warehouse Management >> SCM Basis >> Logistics Inventory Management Engine (LIME) >> Basic Settings >> Application-Specific Settings >> Determine Global Customizing Settings for Each Client.

As far as i remember, this is allowed in standard.

Best regards

Serhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srehan,

Yes it is checked .

why in standard it is checked on and for what purpose.

As far as I understand 9030 is door staging area ,why the stock is showing in -ve in 9030 storage types ? Is it the standard behavior ?

Do we have to worry on this part.

Please suggest your valuable opinion.

It will help me understand and resolve this issue.

thanks

senthil

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

why in standard it is checked on and for what purpose.

As far as I understand 9030 is door staging area ,why the stock is showing in -ve in 9030 storage types ? Is it the standard behavior ?

Do we have to worry on this part.

Please suggest your valuable opinion.

This depends on your business, can't say much. All i can say, this is standard behaviour, no need to worry.

Best regards

Serhan

former_member655042
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Serhan,

I am starting my career as an SAP TM consultant and I have a few questions pertaining to SAP EWM.

I have two business requirements i.e., movement of materials from one storage type to another storage type and the second one is the movement of materials from one storage bin to another storage bin within the same storage type.

Can I apply the same configuration/customization settings for both the business requirements or it will be different for both?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hello Senthil,

We faced a similar situation. Some of our interim storage type/storage bins for goods receipt had negative values, and even though we tried to correct this via stock transfers from other storage bins, there were many cases that still showed negative stock.

For this process we post hundreds of goods receipts every day, and as we deal with seasonal products there are thousands of different products.

For our case, consulting recommended SAP Note 1532672 - "Correction of capacity data" helped us fix this situation.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel/shrehan,

Thanks for your post.

All I wanted to know is what will be the impact on business of negative stock in 9030 or 9020 storage types .

How to avoid such situations  ?

Thanks

Senthil