Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 Version was not reflecting in ESR

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have migrated from SAP PI 7.1 to 7.4 version dual stack.

in software component we are unable to find the SAP Netweaver 7.4 in use of interface objects dropdown list.

kindly let us know what we have missed.

Regards,

Rathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratan,

I also see same in my side, mine is PI 7.4 SP14 i think you can ignore this, you no need to select latest one there.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rathan,

Release options available in dropdown list of and attribute "Use of Interface Objects" of SWCV are not correlated with ESR content that you uploaded and remain unchanged for PI 7.1+ releases. These options are used in PI 7.1+ systems to differentiate between ESR design object limitations which were in place in XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 (an option "SAP NetWeaver 7.0") and those removed in later releases (an option "SAP NetWeaver 7.1"). Primarily, it is about limitations of service interface definition that were relevant for PI 7.0 and lower releases - namely:

• interface pattern, and
  • number of operations that a single interface can consist of (up to PI 7.0, only one operation per interface was supported, then this limitation was removed).

You can read more about this in Usability of Interface Objects - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Libra....

For PI releases higher than 7.1, there is no individual dropdown list options in SWCV maintenance screen, so you should select an option "SAP NetWeaver 7.1" (unless the software component shall inherit limitations described above - for example, if it is used specifically for old systems that follow those restrictions).

Regards,

Vadim