cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to create a CSV out of XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am a student working on PO interfaces and one task is to create a SOAP to File integration where the sender is sending XML and the receiver is expecting CSV.

I found out that there seem to be several possibilities to create a CSV out of an XML. I would like to use an adapter module based solution as this seems to be the most portable way (working in all kind of receiver adapters).

Now I am looking into using the MessageTransformBean. Unfortunately I don't seem to find a sufficient documentation about the parameterization.

For example I am looking for information which conversionTypes are available and what the difference is between them.

I could not find this information in SAP help: Inserting MessageTransformBean in Module Processor -  Adding Modules to the Module Processor - SAP ... . Is there any other place where these parameters are documented? On our training system I found for example "StructXML2Plain" as the xml.conversionType setting, but I am not sure where I can look up more information or documentation about it. Any pointers would be helpful.

In general, is it a good approach to use the MessageTransformBean for XML to CSV conversion or should I look into other standard modules?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You can use standard File Content Conversion in the receiver file adapter instead of MessageTransformBean adapter module.

For MessageTransformBean you can refer below

How To...Content conversion module with J2EE JMS adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies, but as I mentioned in the initial post I would like to use adapter modules and not FCC because I want to learn a way to produce CSV which works for all kind of receiver channels (a generic way).

From what I think, using MessageTransformBean should be fairly simple as well, but as mentioned I am having trouble to find good documentation about it.

Pointers to documentation of the parameterization or other adapter modules would be helpful.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

The below document has al the details

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58321

Some more additional discussions on the same.

Let us know what exactly your looking out for.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

As Praveen suggested,FCC should be sufficient since you have File adapter,Below links are some more additional examples/

SAPTechnical.COM - File Content Conversion