cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast quantity is not showing in my planning book for the plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

The planning book is not showing the forecast quantity for the plant but the forecast quantity is showing for the DC. What could be the possible reasons why the forecast quantity is showing at the DC but not showing at the plant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have FCST in Demand Planning at DC correct? Which you have released to SNP or PPDS, so you will only have FCST at DC plant. You require to execute Net requirement planning @ DC which will create STRs i.e. stock transfer requirements which will be available at plant. You will never have FCST directly at plant unless you have any specific scenario.

Request you to please explain your scenario in more detail so we can help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Attached is a screen shot at the plant level

Screen shot at DC

Just a clarification. So if I get you right you mean once the forecast is seen at the DC so the forecast will not show at the plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are correct..

FCST will be only at DC and Distribution demand i.e. dependent demand from DC will flow to Plant and would be available at Plant.

Request you to close the thread if this has helped you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the quick response. I need a clarification on this because am new to SAP APO. I have a forecast generated at DC from week 17 to week 52 which is fine but at the plant level under the production (planned) row the quantity are only showing for wk 17, 18,19,20, 22,23 and Week 21 was omitted . So it stoped at week 23 and the other weks are empty. My question is that is it how its meant to be or something is missing. Find the screen below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There could be multiple reasons, you require to check your entire planning master data including leads time. It´s difficult to give you the answer. I am sorry for it. Can you be kind and close the thread.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dapo,

It is a bit odd that you show no demands in the most recent screenshot.  It would appear that someone has manually removed the distribution demand (STOs from the DC).

No Matter.  Except under extremely rare circumstances, the forecast at the DC will not be a on-to-one match with the production plan at the manufacturing plant.  There can be many factors (which are all unknown to us here in SCN)  that will affect the production plan so as to skew this behavior.  These factors include, but are not limited to: Capcity restrictions, Factory Calendars, Lot sizing procedures, Planning horizon.

So, in answer to your question, the data you have displayed may be perfectly legitimate for YOUR system..

I suggest you speak to a local expert who understands the detailed design of your particular SNP implementation.  This person can walk you through the basic questions you are asking.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts and gurus kindky assist