cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of material issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a situation during subcontracting , where the child part and head part ratio is 1:1 in bill of material   , But during goods receipt  there is wrong depletion of child part ,say for 1000 head part  numbers , there is 1230 Child parts.

I kindly request to provide me the solution for this problem.

Regards,

Mridula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Its a scheduling agreement , so i have attached the Bom screenshot.

Thanks in advance,

mridula

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is also no ratio relation to the second item, did you already check if the bom was changed after the receipt.

Can you show the history of receipts, to check whether it is was as expected in earlier receipts, and to know whether there was no subsequent adjustment made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen ,

Please find attached the history of the material documents for the head Part and child part

Head Part

ChildPart

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok this screenshot shows that there was no subsequent adjustment. Still it is not known if there were changes to the BOM

Your second component quantity is as well not linear proportional to the receipt quantity

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Read carefully SAP note

458606 - FAQ: Subcontracting in purchasing?

1. Question:

When you change the quantity of a line item or a schedule line, the system does not adjust the component quantity accordingly.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Here is the screen shot of the issue , total quantity is 16, but depleted is 15 quantity

Regards,

Mridula

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is the receipt, but not the bom from the purchase order item material tab.

Please add a screenshot from there as well.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mridula,

Kindly share you screen shot step by step what you have did in order to help you.

1. subcontracting info record

2. CS-03

3. Purchase order

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mridula,

Please share the screenshots of BOM ( CS03 ), PO history ( material documents during GR, GI to Subcontracting vendor ) and BOM on PO so that people can share their veiws.

Regards

Sesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thank you for the reply, bill of materials is maintained rightly and even the Purchase order shows right quantity, but the wrong quantity gets depleted during receipt  . The users didn't change any quantity in good receipt , moreover this wrong depletion occurs very rarely.

I kindly request to let me know the solution , so that this issue doesn't occur any more.

Regards,

Mridula

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are interested in a solution then you should post a screenshot of your component overview to let us see that it is right, just saying it is right and reporting an issue at the same time is not really going to help you. There is just coding beneath, and coding is just reading what was maintained in master data and transaction data. You may have to contact your ABAPer to debug it if you can't show the BOM for any reasons

simar_akmal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mridula,

Please check your components in master data tab in item of ME23N screen.

Regards

Simar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mridula,

Can you compare BOM in CS03 as well as BOM in PO material data tab and see if there is any difference.

Regards

Sesha

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the component quantity calculated in the PO - material tab - components window and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT