cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

& exists in XML payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m having a strange problem in my scenario,specially with FCC,i have a HTTP to File scenario and some times i get '&' or '&' in the payload,now i can take care of & by changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1 but i still cant handle &.

i dont have any mappings in my scenario so i keep on getting errors in RWB saying that ; expected after &.

any idea how can i handle this?

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

& is not allowed between to XML tags. In a XML file the character & must be written like this: & amp; But no space between & and amp; I had to put in a space her, otherwise the HTML page would not display it.

Br,

Elling

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can replace all & with & amp ; (without the spaces). Because according to xml standard it is not allowed to use this character. Here are replacements:

http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

receiver is file , check the File type , change as per ISO-8859-1.

see here more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Chilla

but i figured it out that even ISO-8859-1 wont work with &,the XML becomes invalid if there are any & without ;

i came across a thread and it recommemded either to ask the sender to change all & to & or use a Java mapping.

thanx for ur help though

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about using some adapter module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

yes exactly & or '&amp' we have to change..

Thanks for remind me.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yes its possible through adapter module too.

it can actually be done by means of Java mapping or adapter module.

have a look at the following

regards

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad