Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cordova in FIORI Applications

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I could find lot of blogs telling about cordova libraries, custom fiori client, kapsel plugins, but I was not able to figure out solution for my concern of building fiori app using cordova.

My requirement is:

1. Development of FIORI like applications.

2. Incorporate cordova in FIORI application to access native feature of device - limited to(camera, geo-location).

3. Deploying and accessing the FIORI like application in FIORI launchpad.

My Doubtful points:

1. I understand FIORI client does provide few limited kapsel plugins for FIORI apps to use, how to make use of these kapsel plugins in app controllers ?

2. How to incorporate cordova libraries in FIORI applications, using which I can access FIORI client kapsel plugins(pre built).

3. Does achieving above requires, development of UI5 app using cordova and publish it as native app specific to platform as mandatory or we can just incorporate cordova library in FIORI app and launch the application in FIORI launchpad ?

Please guide me on my doubtful points with any code snippet that could ease my doubts.

Regards,

Punith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punith

You need either SMP or HCPms for offline apps where you want to incorporate Cordova options into Fiori.

Suggest you also go to Developing Mobile Apps with SAP HANA Cloud Platform - Jeff Gebo and Dhimant Patel

This explains all the different options for offline apps including using Kapsel with the support of the Hybrid Application Toolkit in HCP using HCPms services.

It's very comprehensive and gives you demos and exercises showing end to end what you need to do.

For deploying offline apps it even discusses Fiori Client and SAP Mobile Secure and what they add.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel & Jocelyn,

Thank for your response on teh concerns I had.

I understand the technicalities explained by you, also the same I could find the existing scn blogs when I read about the Kapsel plugIns with FIORI client.

What I am afraid is, my understanding towards SAP FIORI client delivered by SAP is providing few Kapsel Plugins(Barcode, camera, etc.,) as standard delivery which SAP FIORI Applications can make use of without custom building of FIORI client with Kapsel, which does not require any additional development of SAP Mobile Platform SDK SP04 with FIORI client development.

If my understanding is correct towards SAP FIORI client I need a snipped of code how to consume these available Kapsel plugins in SAP FIORI transnational applications.

Regards,

Punith

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

Answer to your questions below:

1) Beginning with SAP Mobile Platform SDK SP04, the capabilities of the SAP Fiori Client are provided through the Kapsel SDK as plugins for the Apache Cordova framework. This approach allows you to build your own version of the SAP Fiori Client and more easily customize it as needed for your environment.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp306sdk/helpdata/en/b2/99923cc0b94400acab320c812cc026/content.htm

2) To create an instance of the SAP Fiori Client, you need to manually create a new Cordova project, add Cordova and Kapsel plugins to the project and copy over web content into the new project. To simplify the process, the SDK release includes a node.js script (node create_fiori_client.js <configPath>) that you can use to create the SAP Fiori Client application project using the Kapsel plugins. Before executing that command, you should have shelljs already installed (npm install shelljs).

3) It doesn't require development of sapui5 app using cordova, you can just incorporate cordova library in FIORI app and launch the application in FIORI launchpad.

Regards,

Emanuel